Newb here. Just bought me a 720 King Cab!

AZ-Ram

I mean the back half, where you put tools and furnature. The part thats made out of sheet metal, not the frame.

All kingcab 720 boxes are basicly the same, meaning they all will interchange, the mounts are the same, so you can mount an 86 720 smooth sided box onto a 1980 720 kingcab cab/frame, and you can also put the 80KC box onto an 86 kingcab truck.

But all the other models don't necessarily interchange, only a kingcab box will go onto a kingcab model unless you start modifying the frame to except something else, like when I put the longbox onto my kingcab frame, I had to extend the frame 16 inches I beleave for the rear wheels to center themselves in the rear fender wells.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

what an odd place for Ratsun to find you. i'm from marana & green acres location, but reside in massachusetts now. i had a childhood friend from tumacocari or tubac or in between. welcome to a great forum ! lot's of information here about tuning up your truck. just search and ask.

zonie for life. (it's too sunny for a cheap skinned irishman down there !)

shameless photo plug of my truck

b3b032b3.jpg

84 4x4 I am very interested. How much do you want for the side mirrors? Or the entire truck? and how much for shipping on either?

Wayno, Thanks for the info. I am thinking about putting another box on my truck. The one I have is all rusted out.

Thanks for the welcome xxmas. I know what you mean about the sun, i get sunburnt just going out side for 5 mins.

Nice truck also, I am thinking i want to get me a 521. 720s are awesome but 521s have a better looking front end.