can 16x8 xxr 531 wheels fit on Datsun 510

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ive been working on my 72 sedan and ive seen the xxr wheels on ebay and i was wondering if the 16x8's fit on the 510 all around

A lot of IFs here... ^_^

IF you have 280ZX struts, and IF you have camber plates, and IF you get the +20 version and not the +0 version, and IF you haven't done any camber correction in the rear, and IF you don't mind stretching a 205/40-16 or 205/45-16 onto the 8" wheel, and IF your rear springs are fairly stiff, and IF your fender lips are rolled...

Yes, they'll fit. :cool:

I have run a 16x8 +30 with a 10mm spacer on all 4 corners with a 215/40-16. Rubbed a tiny bit in the rear. A 205 would've made it clear just fine.

• Like 1

A lot of IFs here... ^_^

IF you have 280ZX struts, and IF you have camber plates, and IF you get the +20 version and not the +0 version, and IF you haven't done any camber correction in the rear, and IF you don't mind stretching a 205/40-16 or 205/45-16 onto the 8" wheel, and IF your rear springs are fairly stiff, and IF your fender lips are rolled...

Yes, they'll fit. :cool:

I have run a 16x8 +30 with a 10mm spacer on all 4 corners with a 215/40-16. Rubbed a tiny bit in the rear. A 205 would've made it clear just fine.

hey man i got all the IF's and can you post pics

Datsunfreak

Im not in to the chrome part maybe a brushed aluminum version.

I didnt know they made a +20 version.

Persoanlly I think they are one of the best looking of the cheaper wheels even if made in China

let us know if you get them.

website?

Datsunfreak also wouldnt a +20 hit the strut tube on a 280zx strut.?I think +15 is ok

My +25 Rota Rbs would hit a 280zx strut but OK on a 510 strut.

so I guess a specer would be needed.

Persoanlly I think they are one of the best looking of the cheaper wheels even if made in China

let us know if you get them.

website?

www.nlmotoring.com seems to have the best prices. Ordered 3 sets of wheels from them so far.

Datsunfreak also wouldnt a +20 hit the strut tube on a 280zx strut.?

so I guess a specer would be needed.

Oh, totally. You'll have to have a 5mm spacer at least, maybe 10mm, in the front. Back should clear as is, but may need a 5mm spacer.

• 2 months later...

I'm running 15x8 and tire size are 195/55/15 stock suspension and only rubed in the rear till I rolled the fenders now no rub at all... But since u have coilovers they should fit just adjust ride height

What offset & backspacing are those 15x8? I'm Looking at 15x8's but tring to figure out a 0 or +15 offset.

Thanks