Datsun 510 seatbelt options?

wat

my car had literal latch style airplane lapbelts installed with the old seats. Right now I got those seats out and my RX8 seat in. Now I do not have a seatbelt. I do not have the money to get a roll bar for a harness (which is ultimately what I want to do) so I'm looking for a hold over until then. Are there any other seatbelts that work and are commonly available?

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have that exact same set up from seatbelt planet, plus the 12" extensions for the top, really good stuff, easy to get in and fits well.

Did the 12'' or 8'' extension really prove to be essential? i was thinking the stock point might be to far UP/BACK for most aftermarket or other model seats. Let me know how that extension worked for you, i will be ordering mine soon.

I got the 12" extension because I too thought that the stock places would be too far back, the one on the top is the biggest problem just because the seat belt was rubbing up against my neck uncomfortably... It's still a little too high, but better and I've stopped noticing it.

I do have the floor extension too to get around the seats that I have (my rails are about 2-3" further back then stock)

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

I sell new retractable seat belt kits that fit the 510's, the trucks, the 240 z's, and the 280 zx's as well. For the 510's there are 2 types available, the limp female receiver style for 84.95 per side and the stiff female receiver for 97.95 per side. I have to re-clock the stiff receiver style so that they sit at the correct angle, that's why they cost more. If someone wants to buy them unclocked and they can do it themselves then the stiff style is also 84.95 per set. I can get them in a couple of different colors but those would have to be special ordered. I usually carry black belts in stock of both styles. These belts do come with hardware kits included. You can view them on my online store at www.datsunstore.com Then you can click on the 510 section and go to interiors. You'll see the belt listing with a pic of one installed in a 510. I tried to do a link and a pic but was unable to in both cases. Those features don't seem to be working right now.

The stiff female type is better than the limp type.

Z man of Washington

360-668-2979

• 3 weeks later...

I ran into this post and was wondering what set up did the guys that got your belts from seat belt plane? I'm a bit confused on the length of the belts.

I want to get the retractable 3 point belts with the cable buckle. I'm 5'11 so would I need the 8" extension for the loop? Also how did the retractable part mount?

I sell new retractable seat belt kits that fit the 510's, the trucks, the 240 z's, and the 280 zx's as well. For the 510's there are 2 types available, the limp female receiver style for 84.95 per side and the stiff female receiver for 97.95 per side. I have to re-clock the stiff receiver style so that they sit at the correct angle, that's why they cost more. If someone wants to buy them unclocked and they can do it themselves then the stiff style is also 84.95 per set. I can get them in a couple of different colors but those would have to be special ordered. I usually carry black belts in stock of both styles. These belts do come with hardware kits included. You can view them on my online store at www.datsunstore.com Then you can click on the 510 section and go to interiors. You'll see the belt listing with a pic of one installed in a 510. I tried to do a link and a pic but was unable to in both cases. Those features don't seem to be working right now.

The stiff female type is better than the limp type.

Z man of Washington

360-668-2979

I dig them, seems like the solution i'd be looking for (although im sure seatbelt planet would work fine too)

here's the pic from your site:

Seatbelt510attached_zps77a9f453.jpg

looks like you clock the "stiff female connector" section which bolts to stock location in the center of the car. Looks like the retractor is mounted behind the seat near the floor like where the stock adjuster is? Belt loops from the retractor, through a slip mount up on the b-pillar, down to a slip mount on the male connector (plugged into the female connector) and then back to be hard mounted to the retractor?

does the retractor use factory mounting locations?

i'm essentially looking a new setup that looks and functions the same as stock, just not 45 years old. Automatic retractors would be nice, but not really necessary for me.