revival of datsun brand

i'm sure some of you on here have been keeping tabs on this. nissan is bringing back datsun as an economy brand in 2014!!! the bad news? its gonna be in india, indonesia, and russia, with absolutely 0 plans to bring it to the american market. according to one of the articles i read, the head mucky mucks at nissan believe that there isnt any kind of nostalgia for the datsun brand in america, so it wouldnt be worthwhile to bring it back. how many here would be out buying one up if they did something like a 2014 510, decent suspension, brakes, drivetrain, and something like an sr20de (that would have to be brought back too...) powering it for under 15k. nothing major on the creature comforts, maybe heater, basic stereo, AC, and power steering/brakes? or even do without some of that :) i'd be allllll over it.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Theres like five threads on this. I apreaciate you trying to give us the heads us, but this new came out months ago. Like I stated in the last thread that popped up, were an entire site devoted to Datsuns... dont you think we would have been on top of this the instant news was released?

IBTL.

oh i expect to be flamed from time to time. i'm the first to admit i'm not the brightest crayon in the box, not the dullest either but somewhere in between. tristin, yes i did expect ya'll to be on top of it, i didnt pay attention to the dates on the shit i read lol, just came home and looked when my boss tipped me to it. like i said, not the brightest crayon in the box, but i try :). and elmer, after going through life saddled with the last name of "horne" my skins come out to be pretty thick alllll the way around lol