510 wagon

bmoneyms3

Hello ratsun people, I have always been into old school jdm cars and on the drive down to my lake house i spotted a 510 wagon sitting on the side of the highway, leaf springs falling out and all. the window said $600. is it worth it? and what are the advantages/disadvantages to a wagon vs a sedan or coupe. i almost pooped when i found it!

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No its not a 510 or anything close. Its the model before the 510. Other than the fact that its made by Datsun and carries people, its all different.

Edit: If you dont want it because its not a 510 then please let us know where it is so that someone can save it a give it a good home.

• Like 2

The difference is also the engine, and the suspension.

The 411 came with a J13? 510 came with a L16.

J13= pushrod over head VALVE engine.. old tech.

cam in the center of the block, dizzy is in the back lower half, and the oil pump is within the engine... bleh

L16= Overhead CAM, much newer tech.. and really awesome!

Everything is easily accessible, and stupid easy to work on.

I can see how the 411 can be mistaken for the 510, I mean the 520 looks like the 411.. for some reason Datsun didn't call the 520 the 420 :sneaky:

the 521 still has the same body lines as the 520, but a more 510ish front end..

The point is you obviously liked it before we told you it wasn't a 510. Please don't write it off because it's not the 'hip' model. Dive what you like and fuck everyone else...

Wagon looks decent and for that price you can't do no wrong unless all the floorboards are rusted out.

im definately not blowing it off because its not a 510! i still think the car is amazing i just dont have space or knowledge for this car

the car is located in bum f*ck egypt missouri, i wish i could get it, just too much for me

the number on the car was 573 259 3728

someone please save this car, i hate seeing a beautiful car like this rust away!