FS stock cast iron exhaust manifolds

I've got a stack of stock cast iron L-series exhaust manifolds that I need to sell off, to lighten the load of moving! I have available.........

• QTY 4 - emission air injection tube, closed port (no cross port), $25 ea + shipping
  • QTY 2 - non-emission, open port (with cross port), $35 ea + shipping
  • only QTY 1 - non-emission, closed port (no cross port), $50 + shipping

These are heavy, so expect $20-30 shipping cost, depending on your location. Some have broken studs, but they are replaceable. All mounting ears are intact.

exhaustmanifolds.jpg

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got a stack of stock 510 rear axles that I need to sell off, to lighten the load of moving! $20 ea + shipping.

First come, first to pay, first served to get the cleaner ones! These are heavy, so expect $20-30++ shipping cost, depending on your location. U-joints felt good, so I kept these axles, but I can not gaurantee that the u-joints are good...........you should always replace them anyway!! NO hardware. These are all original, and have NOT been modified.

axles.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Mike, do you have any input on the "open chamber" vs the "closed chamber"? Basically it's that open crossover between the two runners, down by the lower flange. I have heard that the "closed chamber" will flow a little better................??

Open and closed heads are the same I believe. Port outlets should be the same. There are different L16 cast exhausts.

Some are like the top one and not with smooth flowing lines. The other is (I think) more ideal....

standardand4intotwoexhaust001.jpg

I must not be using the correct term. As the exhaust cast "ports" roll down to the lower flange, they are cast together to form the dual downpipe "ports". At that point, just above the flange, some are "open" to each other, and you can stick your finger in there, and poke thru to the other "tube". Some are "closed" off to each other, so you can't poke your fingert thru. I can describe it another way, but this is a public forum! :w00t: Anyway, I would think that the "closed port" manifolds are more like an aftermarket tubular header.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.