Rock auto timing set

datsundash

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the Tsubaki, Japan(Cammillia is soemthing like that green box)

OSK is another I dont care for the Cam sproket as much.

Beck Arnely what I seen has been Japan.

Do not get the Cloyes or Melling.

Carquest might have the better sets Parunt or soemthing like that might be the brand.

the market changes alot now as I cant keep up where they bring the stuff in from. China?Thailand???

Get the Beck Arnley stuff,it will be stamped "made in japan"

Old stock BA cam spockets are 8 hole...

All new stock is 4 hole..but.....the holes are offset as seen in pic. So...roll the dice when ordering

Non conducive for checking head timing after the fact

rrr.jpg

^^^^^^

......"The slightly used Beck Arnley cam gear is on the left...mid pic...with no notches

To the right of it is the new Beck Arnley..(as I stated earlier)....notched...which can't be viewed through the 'vent' holes"...........

I believe 510Freak had a TC kit for sale....made in Japan

I cant see the brite links on the chain.

the other 3 the sprockets where the dowl hole is you need the inspection hole to be above it so you can see your V notch on back of sprocket and see thru it to the cam thrust plate Dash mark. notice the other 3 sets the dowl hole above it is the casting which you dont want. Not that it will not work. But EZ is better.

so going by the photo the one you picked is the one I would get unless you know another site. with better photos.

Alot of us ratun people bout up all the better sets years ago.

also soemone might have a discount number to use on Rockauto.com so you can get it cheaper

The best out of box timming kits I have seen were a green box marked CAMELIA with "Tsbaki" in samll letters underneath on the side

Beck Arnely Pc together was OK as was Japan Marked

OSK was OK also just the dowl hole on mine was a alittle big which mad ethe sprocket move abit before tightneing the cam bolt down. so can give the apperance of a retarded or adv cam . I just used another old style 4 hole cam spocket and it was nice and tight on the cam dowl pin.