Wanted Dual Carb Mani, L20B

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For years I've seen old webers sold for $50. and then they need an adapter. and then an air filter. and then the linkage won't fit a 510 or 620 or... and then the adapter is cracked, or the bolts come loose. then it leaks, it won't idle, "what! no electric choke???" endless problems. Don't look for a deal or you'll end up with a weber just as old as the Hitachi and just as worn out, rebuild 4 times with parts missing.

Buy a new direct replacement carb from Redline. Has just about everything needed to get her running.

Have you ever used dual sidedraft Mikuni/Weber/Solex carbs before? The Weber 32/36 downdraft is a relatively simple carb, and when in great condition (like datzenmike said!), they run great. Dual sidedraft carbs take much more effort to get to run properly, especially if the carbs are USED, and ultimately need to be rebuilt. Once properly tuned, they too are great, but....................

Yes I have run mikunis before, I have rebuilt L20b's I have bored, sleeved, honed, rebuilt, tune, turbocharged, cammed, all sorts of shit. Here is the last set of mikunis I ran.

IMG_0676-1.jpg

IMG_0672-1.jpg

Im not sure how much more simple you an get besides the mikuni design, The mikuni is 10 times easier to work on then webers, I just wanted a weber to give to my brother for his birthday. Like I said, FUCK IT. DOES ANYBODY HAVE A MIKUNI SHORT RUNNER MANI FOR SALE?

And why does everybody on this forum think that just because someone here is newer that they are a newb or some shit? Does it make you guys feel good to belittle someone?

'Twas a simple question, me lad! Just tryin' to help :crying: . Good luck with yer project! Let's see if anybody else wants to take a stab, trying to help this guy out.........

Hey man for starters where are you ? I have a few side draft manifolds (vintage I want too much)and have source for short cloned mikuni manifolds like you want ! maybe a real one in Victorville if he will separate,I am helping him with srde install, and he may have what you want or 2k for lz22 with ported head ect ,.Re. the set in pics ,those wire mesh screens never worked ! robbed top end on freeway.Call if So Cal (562)696-5995

Im out east, in the hills. lol Yeah I dont want some mikuni clone, I sold my last one too cheap! I liek the short runner mikunis because they dont have coolant passages, they fit the booster on most dattos without cutting a stack, the linkage bar mount, and the awesome throttle response. Honestly I thought about casting some mikuni manifolds using melted down L series heads. I just need one to make a mold.

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.