What wheel is this?

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, that is the best information I have gotten since I picked them up. Does Western wheels have a habbit of not putting any markings on their wheels? On a side note, I saw some western turbines at a junkyard, but they were a little scarred up on 2 of them. 14x7. Tell me if they are too far gone. Let me find the pictures...

There are a lot of small scratches, a couple gouges on the bead, and broken steel screws embedded where some genius attached some kind of center cap. I think they were trashed, but I dont know how much you can 'work' or repair wheels.

Good point. I think I will let those turbines get recycled then. - Now back to the unidentified Western wheel. I was going to refurbish them. I need to bead blast them and polish to a shine. I like the way they look. Out of curiousity, what would these wheels be valued at? The same as any other common vintage wheel?

Out of curiousity, what would these wheels be valued at? The same as any other common vintage wheel?

not really...

there not commonly seen partly because theyve been out of popular style since the 80s/90s

to the right person its a few hundred tho

The original photo reminds me of the first metric wheel sets sold by Sears Roebuck in the 70s. They were referred to as "Turbo Mags" with the warning that they only fit the "new" metric size tires. Most were straight radial fins but I have seen inclined fins like the photo.

• 2 weeks later...