Another 2dr rat

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Spent the weekend putting together some 280zx strut housings, mr2 rear inserts, and honda "ebay" coilovers. I used oem top hats for now so my camber is all sorts of strange (one side is positive camber). I ordered adjustable 240sx top hats so ill switch them out soon. The car is now 1 inch lower in the front. I also picked up some datsun roadster front springs to use in the rear of the 510 once i cut them. The car is running great at the moment, slow, but great. Ill take some pic's of the new ride height this week.

When i first got into 510's 8 years ago (basically yesterday compared to some of the guys on here and the realm) i liked the 4dr's more than 2dr's. My first 510 was a 4dr (which i still have) but ill be cutting that car up to say goodbye here soon. Im more into 2dr's now. I have had an orange 4dr, a maroon, and a tan now im left with a bunch of 2drs.

Yeah, not a 2dr. guy myself which is what most people like. Im hoping to pick up another 4dr. and a wagon eventually. Only 2dr. I would drive is a Coupe... for me, the proportions are off on a 2dr. But that picture is great, very jealous (even if it is broken down in that photo haha).

See coupes do nothing for me. I hate how it looks like a fastback. Also wagons are kinda bleh for me. A baby blue 2dr is on my list though. I just got a callback from a guy I left a note on his toyota corona and 810 wagon. Trying to add those to my collection.

• 2 months later...

Well, i picked up another motor for this project and flipped my crossmember. I bought a complete ka24de for 300 from a guy on a local boise forum. Im pulling the l18/dogleg combo out of the 510 this weekend to install the ka. I wanted to install one of the sr20's but for what i paid for the complete ka it wouldve been nearly impossible to complete one of the sr20's. Oh well i guess ill use them for end tables in the apartment. Ill snap some pictures of the empty engine bay for the few that read this.

It snowed here in Boise and this was in my driveway. By the way i drove it in and out of this spot. I'm surprised how well my 510 performs in snow. I drove pretty far with snow all over the roads and saw plenty cars off the road yet my 510 just kept on truckin.

imageuye.jpg

I braved the snow to get taco's. I cant wait to sell these iron crosses and get some different wheels.

imagelcox.jpg

• Like 1