Clutch master with larger bore?

DRIVEN

I'm hoping to find a clutch master with a larger bore than 5/8" for something I want to try on my 510. I spent a few minutes on Rockauto poking around in different years and models but found nothing. Anyone know a bolt-in (or close to it) master in 11/16" or even 3/4" bore? Closest thing I could find was a single pot brake master cylinder from a 521 in 3/4".

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Some guys have drilled new holes.

Datsun A10 looks the same as 510, but is 13/16". It has the vertical mounting holes, same 10x1 bottom outlets. Push-rod depth is a little different but shims/spacers and push-rod length is always an issue when swapping.

Datsun A10 looks the same as 510, but is 13/16".

Really? I looked it up and it listed 5/8" bore. Sure you weren't reading the brake master bore? These all seem to share the same Dorman number:

NISSAN 200SX (1977 -1979)

NISSAN 240Z (1970 - 1973)

NISSAN 260Z 1974

NISSAN 280Z (1975 - 1978)

NISSAN 510 (1968 - 1981)

NISSAN 620 PICKUP (1972 - 1979)

NISSAN 810 (1977 - 1980)

NISSAN B210 (1974 - 1978)

NISSAN F10 (1976 - 1978)

That may be true too. My particular situation is probably more a result of my Nissan/GM hybrid clutch assy. It works okay but I think it needs just a touch more travel. It's maxed for throw at the pedal end but it's always been a bit stiffer to shift than it should be and the pedal has to be ALL the way to the floor to shift smooth. If I actually had carpet it would likely grind. Since the stock master has recently developed a seeping seal, I though now would be a good time to upsize the bore. I'd really like 11/16". I can limit the pedal travel to keep from moving too much volume and popping the end of the slave apart. I'm afraid 3/4" might be too much. If you've ever seen the size of my stumpy legs, you probably wouldn't be concerned about pedal effort :blush: .

My throwout bearing has started making noise intermittently too so maybe I'll take some measurements and change collar size if necessary. IIRC it's pretty close already. Are the collars readily available?