Possible Fusible Link Problem

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Check the ignition switch, probably could just temporarily hotwire the car...

Again, double check all battery connections, ground connections, alternator connections, for tightness and cleanliness

For the truck to lose complete power to everything, including things that have direct battery power, means either a ground or positive wire is not working correctly.

Check the ignition switch, probably could just temporarily hotwire the car...

Again, double check all battery connections, ground connections, alternator connections, for tightness and cleanliness

For the truck to lose complete power to everything, including things that have direct battery power, means either a ground or positive wire is not working correctly.

yeah my grampa was over here yesterday trying to work his magic and we both think it might be the pos battery cable. we were also reading the "what no fsm wil tell you" and we are going to try a few things from that. if i cant figure it out im taking it to my friends shop. if none of this solves the problem i think it may be time to do a swap.

You mad snippy for a kid asking for help lol GFY then add another car your not driving to the list.....

the truck was my daily till about a month ago, it broke down before i went to california. ive been trying to get it fixed since then. and the reason im not driving the z? im building a track car. that takes alot of money. so you can go fuck yourself my friend. :)

im not saying this thread has not been insightful...it just hasnt gotten me anywhere and its frustrating...this is my daily, its how i get to work every night and now its a pos. and when everything you have tried does nothing? its just the icing on the cake.

so thank you everyone for the input. i am grateful.

yeah my grampa was over here yesterday trying to work his magic and we both think it might be the pos battery cable. we were also reading the "what no fsm wil tell you" and we are going to try a few things from that. if i cant figure it out im taking it to my friends shop. if none of this solves the problem i think it may be time to do a swap.

.... as mentioned before in my first reply to voltage drop test cables .. and literally inspect corrosion (thwy can rott right through what seems to be "sealed" insulation) ;) ---> http://www.freeasestudyguides.com/voltage-drop-test.html

It sounds like you really have to test that fuel pump relay that datzenmike posted. Literally feel the relay ... sometimes those fuckers get really hot or burnt contacts inside and will "sorta" work. Yes relays go bad!

I would take a damn hard look at the ign switch and connections as well as relays ... on 240z's the switches and wires get HOT and crumble/burn out ... as do the combo stock switch connections/harness wires.

Should take about 20-minutes to check most if not all that with a mutl-meter ^^^

10-seconds to check each battery cable :)

We all see it's your daily driver yup and have been there.

the truck was my daily till about a month ago, it broke down before i went to california. ive been trying to get it fixed since then. and the reason im not driving the z? im building a track car. that takes alot of money. so you can go fuck yourself my friend. :)

Ahhhhh tripples :cool:

Uhhh 72240z is pretty sharp s30 duder as well he does mechanic's shit for a living lol ... bite the hand that feeds jeebus :rofl:

C'mon naow we're all datto heads here meow

Uhhh 72240z is pretty sharp s30 duder as well he does mechanic's shit for a living lol ... bite the hand that feeds jeebus :rofl:

It stems from the same reason he knows everything the problem isnt but cant diagnose a battery cable problem without gramps help.... kids.... :poop: :rofl:

It stems from the same reason he knows everything the problem isnt but cant diagnose a battery cable problem without gramps help.... kids.... :poop: :rofl:

:lol: ^ ... I think my *mis-guided perception* in my younger years costed me ... and ruined some things in the process ... oh well live and learn right? My best lessons have been from my worst mistakes ... :lol:

OP did you have a chance to test things out ?

What's been tested (electrical) and specs/results ?

I am curious what your problem is.

Not to point in wrong direction but food for thought (take with a grain of salt) ---> http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Why_does_the_power_to_your_1986_Nissan_720_truck_fuel_pump_keep_cutting_off_and_on

• 2 weeks later...

.... as mentioned before in my first reply to voltage drop test cables .. and literally inspect corrosion (thwy can rott right through what seems to be "sealed" insulation) ;) ---> http://www.freeasest...-drop-test.html

It sounds like you really have to test that fuel pump relay that datzenmike posted. Literally feel the relay ... sometimes those fuckers get really hot or burnt contacts inside and will "sorta" work. Yes relays go bad!

I would take a damn hard look at the ign switch and connections as well as relays ... on 240z's the switches and wires get HOT and crumble/burn out ... as do the combo stock switch connections/harness wires.

Should take about 20-minutes to check most if not all that with a mutl-meter ^^^

10-seconds to check each battery cable :)

We all see it's your daily driver yup and have been there.

thanks for the input, this weekend im doin alot of work to the z and then im gonna check out the truck, ive shit canned the idea of trying to fix it and am mostlikely going to drop in one of my ka24des. just dont know if im gonna keep the truck anymore seeing as im moving to Oregon soon and dont really feel like having a mini truck scraping around. id rather have a 4x4, or something i can pull a damn trailer with haha.

anyway i want to apologize, short temper + thought vomit = stupidity. (btw my grampa has been building cars since befor most of the people on this forum was born...just saying :sleep: ) and again i appreciate all the input and time/research everyone has done to try to guide me. this is why im still a ratsuner