Can you identify this alternator? (Large pics)

wat

this came in my car when I bought it, I don't know what alt this is. I don't know if it's supposed to be externally regulated or not. It's wired to an external, but there is a bunch of weird electrical wiring on this car so I just want to make sure if this is correct or not.

miH6I.jpg?1

E5g3y.jpg?1

E2t1b.jpg?1

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like you still have a external Volt reg so I assume you have a ext type alternator,

Most wire looks intack ecpt untaped. ZHowever the guy should have used a Blck wire for the ground to the case ,so one doesnt put the ground on the + output of the alternator.

Also the 2 red wires going to the starter lug. Usually there is a Fuseable link wire that is design to pop if over loaded. Those 2 wires I bet one is for the alt out put and the other goes up to the fusee box to feed it.

Then the blu/wht? wire with the blu splice where does that go.

If everything works you need to maybe labol them

I highly recomment getting abetter oil line and put a 90 bend(elbow) near the block.

Carry the stock sender also in case that Taiwan line cracks and you run out of oil in middle of nowhere

The block thread is 1/8 BPT. Thats the adapter you need as most kits are 1/8 NPT. Very close but you get only about 3 turns and gets tight.

Looks like you still have a external Volt reg so I assume you have a ext type alternator,

Most wire looks intack ecpt untaped. ZHowever the guy should have used a Blck wire for the ground to the case ,so one doesnt put the ground on the + output of the alternator.

Also the 2 red wires going to the starter lug. Usually there is a Fuseable link wire that is design to pop if over loaded. Those 2 wires I bet one is for the alt out put and the other goes up to the fusee box to feed it.

I highly recomment getting abetter oil line and put a 90 bend(el

Carry the stock sender also in case that Taiwan line cracks and you run out of oil in middle of nowhere

The block thread is 1/8 BPT. Thats the adapter you need as most kits are 1/8 NPT. Very close but you get only about 3 turns and gets tight.

I'm at work right no, so I will check where the blue splice goes. Thanks for the tip about the oil sender. I will find one and carry it. As for the disable links, do you know which size is needed? I cant find an amperage rating on the alt. Should i buy a few and start from small to large and stay with whatever one doesn't blow up?

I highly recomment getting abetter oil line and put a 90 bend(elbow) near the block.

That wire goes to the electric fuel pump