Problems finding shifter assy for s30

corytate

I'm having problems finding a shifter for my s30 w/ the stock 75 4 speed (as far as I can tell)

I've read that you can use a truck shifter from the era and cut it down, which is also turning out to be pretty difficult to track down.

So my question is this: can I relatively easily adapt an s13 shifter to fit? what else should fit easily?

If I got a truck shifter I was planning to cut it down and possibly bend it a bit (think the shifter in t5-equipped foxbody mustangs)

Thanks in advance all!

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

post a wanted ad.

hybridz.org has mainly s30 / s130 stuff

a regular 724spd s30 shifter with NEW bushings .... feels great ...

i wouldnt bother with mustang shifter ! {unless a 280zx T5 turbo 5spd than yes a mustang short throw shifter ! }

drive the car first then decide [s30 owner]

Let me take a look in the garage. I'm pretty sure I may have an extra. I know I took one extra and re-threaded and cut it a couple inches shorter to make a "poor mans short shifter." It was fun for a little while then I switched it back. Its 95 degrees here and the knob is metal!

I know I have the truck shifters, but they have a different angle to them and hit the console in the front if i remember right.

Any of the 4 speed and 5 speed shifters up until 83 (except the BW t-5) will fit your 4 speed.

I'll look and let you know...

Let me take a look in the garage. I'm pretty sure I may have an extra. I know I took one extra and re-threaded and cut it a couple inches shorter to make a "poor mans short shifter." It was fun for a little while then I switched it back. Its 95 degrees here and the knob is metal!

I know I have the truck shifters, but they have a different angle to them and hit the console in the front if i remember right.

Any of the 4 speed and 5 speed shifters up until 83 (except the BW t-5) will fit your 4 speed.

I'll look and let you know...

Thank you much, I wish most of you guys weren't all the way on the other side of the states! lol

I'm not running stock dash in it so I shouldn't have problems hitting anything. I'm just going to make a fiberglass short dash, drivers side only, with gauges, because I really don't feel like reinstalling the stock dash lol

Sorry-its been super busy here. At worst I'll find the box this weekend. We moved a couple months ago and I can't find anything! Plus I started a new job 2 weeks ago. Off to solder the GW wire back to my headlight switch....sucks having all your marker and gauge lights go out while your driving at night!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...