Just my luck=(

M240Z

I have been attempting a coilover swap on my Z for a while now and I keep having bad luck=( I'm finally towards the end of the process and was bleeding the brakes last night. I made it to the driver side rear drum and when I opened the bleeder to let the fluid out and the shitty bleeder decides to snap leaving half of the bolt still in the hole. I got to get the rest of the bleeder out somehow, so what is the best way to do this?

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Get a new wheel cylinder... it won't be worth your time to try to get the old bleeder out, along with the frustration.. especially if you end up breaking an easy out off in there.

... holy crap. I just priced em.. kinda spendy. If you go to drill it out, luckily you have that big hole in the center to use as an accurate pilot. Just take your time, and use plenty of penetrating oil.

• Like 2

Luck? Everybody must have this luck then. Happens all the time on these datsuns, and you never know where it will strike.

Once you have a bigger hole, use a bigger ez-out. Because ez-outs are so brittle, you want to use the largest one possible for your application.

Luck? Everybody must have this luck then. Happens all the time on these datsuns, and you never know where it will strike.

Once you have a bigger hole, use a bigger ez-out. Because ez-outs are so brittle, you want to use the largest one possible for your application.

Yes my datsun is putting up a huge fight, but itll be worth it! And I see, i'll try it out tomorrow

Buy new if you can but if not and you succeed in changing out the bleeder valve then be sure to use "never seize, or anti-seize" on the new threads. May be a good idea to do them all before you pass this road again someday.

Get a new wheel cylinder... it won't be worth your time to try to get the old bleeder out, along with the frustration.. especially if you end up breaking an easy out off in there.

... holy crap. I just priced em.. kinda spendy. If you go to drill it out, luckily you have that big hole in the center to use as an accurate pilot. Just take your time, and use plenty of penetrating oil.

This.

I've "attempted" this before and it was a real bitch. $50 is well worth an hour or two of saving the frustration on the chance it will work out.

Unless they're horrendously different from the 280z ones, mine was like 15 bucks...

Will this work?:

http://www.google.co...ved=0CHsQ8wIwBw

The ones for the 240z look completely different so I dont think it will work. I've been trying for a couple hours with a bit that locked into the threads really good......but I ended up breaking the bit. So it looks like I'm getting a new wheel cylinder. Autozone sells them for $45