WTB Clutch Fork and Throwout for ZX 5-speed

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The 4 and 5 speed 71B forks are the same. Jrock recently put a 71B into a 521 and used the stock F4W63A speed fork (same as the stock 510 4 speed) and it works too apparently.

I figured it should work but when I did my 5 speed swap I set them side by side and there are subtle differences. I was afraid it wouldn't work although all measurements are the same, so I kept the 280zx fork to be safe. Anyway very good to know for sure that they will work.

goon5speedswapF4W63abdFS5W71B036Large-1.jpg

(that's not a butt, it's a broken off tranny breather)

oh okay! well, i am not quite posative. i am unaware of what clutches i can use with each. I was under the impression that i can only use a roadster clutch on the 200mm, but i also did some reading and found that you can use KA clutches on some of the older flywheels? i have been thinking about buying a fidanza lightened flywheel off of Summit, but also am unsure of what to do. I need a clutch that can hold up to roughly 180-200 whp. (i bought the turbo motor from jeff's blue 68 2 door)

Measure the clutch contact diameter on your flywheel. Car L20B flywheels were usually 200mm and if so, a Roadster 200mm clutch will fit it and should handle 200hp.

Measure across the shiny surface.

L16L18200mmflywheel.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.