Nissan Frontier Rims Lug Nuts

±~~∞

Anyone have pictures of the OEM lug nuts off a Nissan Frontier. I realize the threads (12mm-?) are not the same as my 521 (7/16-20) , but i am not sure what style i need for this style Wheel. The guy i got them from gave me what he said were OEM lug nuts with the rims, but they are acorn style and I dont think that is correct.

FrontierRimsA.jpg

I think they should be the same lug nut style as what many of you have on your 521's:

FrontierRimsB.jpg

Pictures anyone?

Thanks.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the acorn is simply a cosmetic treatment. You're either going to need ones with a conical seat(nut has a cone on it).....the tapered hole referred to.....or the shank style(straight sides, no cone). Most likely, the conical style is what you need. Most parts stores will have a couple of styles. If you're really tight on money, you can get generic(Dorman), open ended conical nuts....but if you're going with those, you might as well use the stock lug nuts that are already on your truck.

Aluminum rims are typically thicker.....make sure you have enough thread engagement.

http://www.summitracing.com/search/Department/Wheels-Tires/Part-Type/Lug-Nuts/

Thanks for the replies. The rims i have do have a short conical taper in the wheel which then transitions into a straight bore. The conical section is shallow and rough like it was possible it was formed by someone using conical nuts in a straight bore hole. Consensus is the conical nuts are correct, Thanks. And thanks mklotz70 for clarifying, i did mean to say conical rather than "acorn".