WTB: Solid rear glass for 1985 720 Kingcab

I'd really like to ditch the broken latch having, leaky, rear slider window in my 85 Kingcab with the quickness. That light touch of mildew smell permeating all things that sit in the truck is getting old, haha.

I've been looking for a solid rear window at my local yards for quite some time and just can't seem to find one. Most of the trucks I find are either standard cabs or older models(pre-83), and all the info I've found says neither of them will work. If someone knows better cross fit information, please let me know :thumbup: Spending cash on something that won't fit after all is no fun.

Unfortunately used is the only way to go on this as they are a discontinued part. I tried placing orders online with 2 sites that still had the part number, and even tried the local Nissan dealer, but no luck. The glass shops aren't a big help either as they either put me on hold to look for it and never come back or tell me they'll have to look it up with specialty suppliers and never get back to me.

I already have the correct new seal, just need the glass. I'd take a used seal if available as a back up if the price was right. Not really looking for one of the rear defroster equipped windows, but again if the price was right I still might take it.

Not wanting to risk shipping one, I guess local is best.

That said, I'd include from Seattle to Blaine as "local" and possibly some parts of the Vancouver/Portland to Salem area as I could have friends pick it up for me.

Anyway, shorter version, I really need a solid rear window for a 1985 Nissan 720 Kingcab. Please let me know what you have available and a price. B)

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It is flat glass, you can have one cut if nothing else comes along, all I have is a slider window, and a defroster window.

As far as I know, all 720 kingcabs have the same size rear window, there were no major cab changes from 1980 threw 1986, even the boxes were the same length and will interchange, but the regular cabs did change, they were differant after 82.

It is flat glass, you can have one cut if nothing else comes along, all I have is a slider window, and a defroster window.

As far as I know, all 720 kingcabs have the same size rear window, there were no major cab changes from 1980 threw 1986, even the boxes were the same length and will interchange, but the regular cabs did change, they were differant after 82.

Well I know that there are 4 different part numbers for Kingcab rear windows, each pair separated by the 82 to 83 model year change. It gives 1 clear and 1 defroster for each side of the change. Eventually one set of part numbers superseded the other. I'll have to look into it more.

I did find a post by datzenmike in another thread were he suggested that due to the part number supersede on the glass only that it is the same but that the seals were the difference. Seeing as how I already have the seal I may just have to pull the trigger and risk it, or step up and get one cut.

Thanks for the help.

• 2 months later...

I have a solid rear window from a 1985 Nissan longbed with a regular cab. It was removed shortly after original purchase and has been in storage ever since. When i moved from San Diego to Maine in 89 I accidentally left it behind and had it shipped to me UPS without any problems.

If you think it will work (I can take measurements) you can have it for the cost of shipping. Just hate to throw out something that someone might have a use for.

Let me know if you're interested.

• 2 months later...

Just wanted to say thanks for all the offers on the glass, but I should've posted in the thread a while ago that I did end up finding one in the wrecking yard. :)

And what Mike said is true about cutting tempered glass. The one shop I inquired about having one cut said they would cut and fit the window, then ship it off to be tempered. It was pretty expensive though, $250 when all said and done. Much better deal to get it from the yard for $25.

And BTW, still no idea on whether there is a model year difference in the glass or not. The one I found was from another 85 Kingcab.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.