Who's truck is this?

5&dime720

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ya I have trying to find that truck for awhile now. It was forsale in the bat area a few years back and I talked with the guy indepth about the truck. He was asking $6k for it and I offered him $5k site unseen and he said no way. He said he had to much money wrapped up in it. He was kind of an ass, but it was his truck. The closest I got was that it was seen in the Arnold area of Cali. which is by Modesto. But that it all I have got.

But as for as the rims go they are Fuchs from Germany. They where made for the Porshe 911s in the 80s and became real big with the VW guys and crossed over into the mini truck seen in the late 80s early 90s during the Euro, cali look seen. If you go to "The Samba" web site which is a all VW web site you should be able to find a set. They usually go for anywhere rom $1000 to $3000 depends on condition and who is selling. American Racing made an knock off for a few years you can usually get those cheap. Just make sure they have the dust caps on them becasue those alone are harsd to find and can be expensive.

As for the application on this paticular truck he redrillled his hubs to make them 5 lug. But these days you can go get the adapter plates that change 6 bolt to 5 bolt. Most Mini truck after market company should carry them. Check Aim Industries out of Arizona I this it is Truckn.com. They are about $300ish for a set...Just remeber to allow for the thickness for the adaptor if you want the rims to tuck. Good luck

And if you ever find about that trucks where abouts let me know...

scan0011.jpg

red-01.jpg

photo0200.jpg

photo0100.jpg

img065.jpg

Thank you for your reply! Yeah I am looking to put the alloys on my 720. So if anyone is interested, I am looking to trade my 18" 5 spoke Titans that have been drilled by a machine shop for a set of these alloys. I am running my Titans they have tires and I have factory Nissan Lugs.

Thank you! I am thinking about the cost of tires and a killer motor I am building. I am thinking that it would accelerate better with smaller lighter wheels. I may just down grade my tire size though...

I appreciate both of your comments!

I am going to have to agree with those guys about the rims you have now. I am hoping to find some 17 inch oem Nissan rims for my 521...search Craigslist daily:rolleyes:... I think that my time spent builing VW's has just burnt me out on the Fuchs Porsche look. You should really check Craigs as well...I have passed up several nice sets here in the Denver area for 3-500 dollars. One set even had nice tires on it already. They are out there if you want em. Nice truck man!