Belize. A Datsun Journey.

One Datsun. 2500 Miles. And a whole lotta Mexico.

I'm shooting for a roadtrip to Belize (you've probably never heard of it) in September. This will be a long journey in a high mileage Datsun 620. Preparedness is priority. Maximizing Fuel and Engine Cooling Efficiency. Preparing suspension for rough roads. Optimal tires for impending conditions. Proper bribe negotiation techniques and AK47 tactical accessories.

Discuss.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So Ur Leaving From Riften?

How Do You Get Out Of Skyrim??

If you travel along the border south of Falkreath, you will come across a large Gate. Stay at the gate till an intelligent troll approaches from the other side. You can pay him with meat to open the gate.

Have fun with the narcodouchebags that kill everything....

:lol: jk just don't look at anyone funny...

AK-47? Bribery? you'll fit in just fine!!

cereal, my dad bribed a mexican cop for being stopped going 100 something, fucker took $5.

Might wanna get a couple 100 rounds of 7.62, though weapons are banned in Mexico I think.

What are you going to do in Belize? if seen it on No Boundaries

I've been to Belize, formerly British Honduras. Nice place. Watch out for Nicaragua and Guatemala. Look not whitebread if you are. Learn at least a little Spanish if you don't know any. Be careful.

I've been to Belize, formerly British Honduras. Nice place. Watch out for Nicaragua and Guatemala. Look not whitebread if you are. Learn at least a little Spanish if you don't know any. Be careful.

Thanks. It seemed like a place I'd like to see, and I'll probably be staying. I've got a killer tan and dreads coming in. Can be tough for the gringos down there but I can manage. I'm working through Rosetta Stone Latin American Spanish and it really does work as good as they advertise.

But what about vehicle readying. Anyone have good experience with long datto trips?

Bring a couple extra hoses, belts, brake pads, oil filters and shocks. The roads are NOT as well maintained as here in the states. Even their "maintained" roads are shit, with lots of potholes and unevenness.

The biggest item to make sure you have is INSURANCE. Check with your current provider as most american insurance companies DO NOT cover you in Mexico. It is not uncommon for the local police to detain foreign drivers(American) until they can ascertain monetary coverage for said accident.

The biggest item to make sure you have is INSURANCE. Check with your current provider as most american insurance companies DO NOT cover you in Mexico. It is not uncommon for the local police to detain foreign drivers(American) until they can ascertain monetary coverage for said accident.

I have that one covered. Mexico is 15$ for the day with "Latin Protection" which covers roadside assistance, towing, and bail. Belize is 120$ for a year of coverage.

Has anyone ever used stainless tube for radiator hoses?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CHROME-STAINLESS-STEEL-FLEXIBLE-RADIATOR-HOSE-KIT-/300731688118?pt=Vintage_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item46050164b6&vxp=mtr#ht_1238wt_1031