~~~~~~~~~~~~~Best 510 Coilovers Ever!!!!!!!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I am selling my JRZ front and rear coilovers. They were designed by my homie Mario Lozano at TSR. They are double dampening top and bottom. Front springs are 450's & rears 350's. Never used with 280zx hubs for the front. The front coilovers come with reservior tanks. Please let me knnow if you have any questions & either text me at (619)772-2260 or email me @ rick@hugoalonsoinc.com if interested or just respond to this post. Asking $3800.00 OBO. I can send you pics if interested. Please no low ballers.

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/pts/3053898859.html

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you ever seen JRZ coil overs. If not they are not anything like everyone is used to seeing including myself. They were designed by Mario and built in the Netherlands. I know you are thinking $3800 is a lot of money which I agree but you also must pay attention to the detail & workmanship of these coilovers.

What are the spring rates?? what will these do that a correct spring rate and good set of tokiko 5 ways wont do?? Please don't say "they look better" is it something that I would really notice, or are we talking a few seconds off a track lap? Could you explain the real advantage over the much lower cost coilovers that most run on these cars?

EDIT: ok, is that 450 lb rate on the front??

• Like 1

Let me take you to school today YO! They are 450's in the front and 350's in the rears. These shocks have a memory system which practically adjustes itself just like an off road truck. They are nothing like Tokico's. Not to mention they do not ride like ordinary shocks, these glide like driving in a cadillac.

Now,

Emphasis is on controlling the un-sprung mass

This is achieved by:

o Large fluid displacement because of the use of 22 mm diameter piston rod

o Lifting force of shock-absorber by using high nitrogen pressure

o Compression damping with unique adjustable valving system in canister

o Large 44 mm piston, with a large diameter non preloaded deflective disc valves

o High flow return valve for quick refilling of working cylinder

o Gas volume is selected in a way that the fluctuating gas volume and the temperature have little effect in the increase of pressure

Control of sprung mass

This is achieved by:

o Large piston diameter for good rebound control because of large fluid displacement

o Unique orifice rebound adjustment system

Result

- Improved handling

- Reduced tyre wear

- More traction

- Better comfort level

- Better stability of the vehicle body

- Increased lifetime of damper

• Like 1

So, with a 450lb spring rate, will all that hype smooth out the super stiff ride a 450lb spring will normally give? I mean with a 450lb spring you are going to need back surgery within a few weeks of driving. I had made a mistake once on calulating front spring rate and ended up with about a 400 lb spring, it was terrible, so bumpy that it was like I was driving with no suspension.

Let me school you....you will never get a 510 to ride like a Cadillac, the car is just not heavy enough compared to the type suspension those land yachts have, which are built for simply comfort. But I think I get your point, they will make it ride like you just spent $3800!!!

Also, in order for all those advantages, you would need the correct "tune" to achieve that. the correct tires, the correct rate, the correct alignment, everything would have to be perfect, or they would just be an extemely expensive set of coilovers on an average car. This is probably why there are only a few people with this setup, they are just not practical for the average 510 guy or gal. And I would be willing to bet that the few that have them aren't using them to the full capability that they are designed for. So what other than bling would they be good for? /.......just sayin'

Don't get me wrong, I think they are/look really cool too.....just being practical.

Hall Monitor, would you happen to know Jimmy Johnson or Tod Kaneko? If so & you have seen "Time Attack" you will see the baddest orange 510 around. He is running this set up and has made that car come in 2nd & 3rd place all the time. By the way I forgot to mention that JRZ will meet whomever purchases this set up on the track & they will personally tune the car. This is another reason why this set up cost what it does. Now if you plan on getting something like this you would not be able to stop there, you would also have to have great brakes, sway bars & of course good tires. C'mon man, that is a given. What were you planning on bringing down junk yard tires & stock brakes?

Yes, you are right, if you can afford this setup you would have no problem getting all the rest of the really expensive stuff to go with them. So I guess that $3800 is a drop in the bucket for most now-a-days.....but we "get it", most just don't have that kind of money to "get it", so we have to be practical. I am sure these are super nice and perform well, nver said they didn't.

I really don't know those that you speak of, what did they come 2nd and 3rd in?? and what was the guy running that came in first? Or what was he driving??

70bird, keep your personal attacks to yourself. This is an ad in the classifieds. If you don't like the price, product or builder...no one cares.

Next time will result in a vacation.

• 2 weeks later...

FER FUCK SAKE CANT WE ALL JUST GET ALONG? JJJJEEEEEEZZZ!!!!! I understand that not all people could afford such parts but I just thought I would give someone who can the

opportunity to do so. Its all good if someone feels better by slamming me for going balls out whether my parts are over kill or not. Who gives a shit, its my car right? Its like a race, if you dont plan on always winning than what the fuck is the point in doing so? Thanks to all the guys for giving Mario props and having my back on the bashing.

Wisk

This is why a gang of fellow datsun people i know dislike this forum.. There's always hate going around.. if it's a sell or a build... someone always gotta talk smack...

@Wisk good luck with sale i suggest u post elsewhere.. because what your gonna hear here is tht it's ratsun tht everyones broke ect,...

Whats with all the Ratsun bashing? Its a forum, people are gonna give their opinions. This is one of tamer forums Im on. I will say Im a little surprised people are bashing these coilovers, calling them overkill, of course they are overkill but thats a good thing!! At any rate dudes getting a bunch of bumps

Somebody clear this thread out for this poor guy, delete all this crap and let him try and sell his shit !

For what ever he wants to try and get.... Fuck....

Buyers

1/ Replies WILL be limited to questions about the item for sale and 'reasonable offers'. All others will be removed at the moderators discretion.

2/ Negative comments about the item or the price WILL NOT BE TOLERATED. These will be removed and the member warned once or temp banned, totally at the moderators discretion. No excuses, no exceptions.

Buyers are also encouraged to make offers to the seller by p/m or their e-mail.

Questions about price and or item quality may be directed to seller by PM.

Concerns about the truthfulness of the seller's item should be made known via the Report button and moderators will remove or put the sale on hold, at their discretion.

Serves me right for not looking at this thread. A little late for lopping off a few heads now. I'm watching and shit like this make me grumpy.

• Like 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.