were to mount fuel pump/filter on 521

Any one got pictures or good ideas on were to mount MY fuel pump and fuel filter.I have a Aeromotive fuel pump and filter and its billet but i don't know were to go with this.I thought about on the outside of the frame rail so it can be seen some what and then i thought that was not a good idea.PLease any thoughts on this,i know its not rocket science but i feel stumped.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I mounted mine under the passenger side seat, on the outside/underside of the car, on the tranny side of the chassis rail. Have a rubber hose and a filter before the pump going right to the fuel line as it goes through the crossmember/chasis. Really easy to access and remove/replace if needed.

34fofwh.jpg

External electric pumps should be located as low and as close to the tank as possible.

Pumps can produce almost unlimited pressure but no pump made can suck water vertically more than about 30 feet.

External electric pumps should be located as low and as close to the tank as possible.

Pumps can produce almost unlimited pressure but no pump made can suck water vertically more than about 30 feet.

Thanks for the feedback,so do you think outside the frame rail by the fuel tank is a bad idea.