rear end?

mcbuggin

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A lot of "chevy small block" put out less than 300 ft.lb. torque. I've seen several Datsuns with SBC use the H190.

So it depends. If you stick an older stock SBC in there, no problem. If you use a more modern SBC, or build it for performance, you might need a 9" or something stronger. Depends on how much torque your engine will output.

It should reliably handle less than 300 ft lbs. A drawback is there are no LSD options easily available for them. On the plus side there are lots of H-190s out there with gears from 3.364 and up.

I have a 76 620w a chevy 4.3 v6,350 trans and a 9"rear end with 4.11 gears it runs 12.26 @107 1/4 mile and 7.34@ 90 1/8 mile. Use the 9" because that leaves room for a bigger engine or more power in the future. Mine is 2" shorter than stock. It is a very easy installation. The stock rear will work for a while,also it most have very low gears. There is avery good site powerbyace.com They have lots to install a chevy into a 620. Good luck. I dont look here regularly but if you have questions put them up. I will look.

burnout-3.jpg

• Like 1

I have a 76 620w a chevy 4.3 v6,350 trans and a 9"rear end with 4.11 gears it runs 12.26 @107 1/4 mile and 7.34@ 90 1/8 mile. Use the 9" because that leaves room for a bigger engine or more power in the future. Mine is 2" shorter than stock. It is a very easy installation. The stock rear will work for a while,also it most have very low gears. There is avery good site powerbyace.com They have lots to install a chevy into a 620. Good luck. I dont look here regularly but if you have questions put them up. I will look.

burnout-3.jpg

Badass truck, badass link :cool:

http://powerbyace.com

• 5 months later...

I've got a chevy 355 small block(325 hp),... and the stock rear end(when I bought the truck) was "beefed up" and a home made locker to handle the extra power, but it didn't last,.....now on my 4th 3rd member.......do a 9" or atleast an 8.8 or 10 bolt...