T-100 down!!

OneFreakyMF

So, I took my klan out camping/wheeling last weekend. Repeatedly, my girl reminded me that we can't break my truck because we are going to start her project here soon. ('72 620 4x4) She then takes my truck through Mud Lakes out in Tahuya and splits my transfer case wide open!! I gotta admit, watching her have so much fun out there put a huge smile on my face. Still managed to drive out and onto my trailer under it's own power!

So all week I have been exploring my options... Divorced 205 in Portland for three large, stocker locally for 150, divorced 202 for 75 (that thing is friggen HUGE!!), and a divorced toyota top loader for a hundred bucks. I know it's sacrilege, but I'm goin with the yota case.... Much lighter than any NP case, stronger than the T-100, and more gearing options. Once I get it in the shop this weekend I'll start taking pictures and keeping you guys I'm the loop...

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hAha... Well, I knew a guy who drove around with a softball size hole in his transfer case for 2 years. Just kept going and going...

Im interested in this you case. I'd like an option for gearing and dual cases. Your running a pass drop though. So i dont think it would help me, unless i could clock it over to my side.

Honestly, I don't know much about toyota cases... Never owned one, never really wanted to. Couple of my buddies are toyota nuts though, I'll pick their brain tonight. I do know there are options with these cases and of all the crap my toyota buddies have busted, their cases have held up to constant, extreme abuse!

I don't think you can clock a yota case to a driver drop... Again, I'm no toyota expert. I do believe anything can happen though. A fat wallet, genius/insane mind, and a passion for building something unique can do just about anything! Unfortunately, most of us only have two of them traits!

You can clock the Toyota case to driver, but it does cost a bit.

Or...

From front to back, starting with the front input:

Chuck_Ferry_Tacoma275Small.jpg

Wow, again.... Fat wallet, questionable sanity, and passion!!! Unfortunately, dude with the divorced toyota case is a, nicely put, less than brilliant individual. All that was there is a plain toyota case. No divorce kit on it. So I'm getting my hands on a divorced 205 and stuff that bad boy under Ugg!

Not gonna do another stock case... I plan on beefing up Ugg more and more as time goes by and a 205 can handle just about any motor I put in her. I dug up a bunch of information about the divorced 205's and even if I find a driver drop I can still make it work for my rig. I already have a bunch of material laying around to build the mounts.... Just need to get my paws on one!!

• 1 month later...

Ok well .... I have been neglecting my Ratsun duties. Unexcusable, I know, but this 205 swap has kept me pretty damn busy!! I'm almost done, just waiting on a couple driveline parts to show up, need to make a couple shifters, and the front pinion bearings on my 44 need to be replaced.

Anyone have an extra transfer case shifter laying around?

Yeah... I was really tired of listening to my windows rattle so I started cuttin!! Even trimmed the door panels to match. Kinda wish I would have tapered the rear of the door more but I still wanted to use the outside door handle to get in and out. This winter I'm going to pick up a set of complete doors. The heater works well enough for winter wheelin but if an emergency situation arose I would have a hard time keeping someone warm.

Anyways, I have my drive lines and the pinion bearings done. Shifter linkage is almost complete ... just need another stock shifter lever! Someone has gotta have one laying around right???

• 4 weeks later...

Dam boss..

beat me to it. I found a couple 350's and a 302 im thinking about cramming in mine... :) v8!!

Gotta get some more pics of this np205, please. Im starting to think about beefing my drivetrain up. Im only running 33's but would like to go to 36's. They will fit, but I dont think my motor or rear axle will hold it. Or spin em...

Well.....kinda, It's gonna be a while before I get around to stuffing it in my truck. Need to get my girls truck on the road first and that's gonna be about a years worth of work. It's finally home, cleaned out, and sitting in the garage! Turns out that they are 44's!! They are just really narrow.... I have some pics up in the 620 forum. Next weekend I'm gonna be out in Tahuya and I'll get my truck flexed out and take some more pictures.

2012-07-05182750.jpg