Speaker Locations

jon521

hey so i'm kind of just looking for opinions and what you guys have for speakers. i have an 8in rockford fosgate sub behind my passenger seat, and ive replaced the stock speaker with an infinity 6 1/2, but i dont have them wired to my amp yet because i dont know where to put my second speaker! i dont really want to cut into my door panels. i was thinking somewhere under the dash on the drivers side, but make its some what easy to remove so i could access under there if i needed to. im not looking to do anything fancy, just lookin to have some tunes in my truck. Thanks!

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There are not that many places to put speakers in a 521, and not using the doors eliminates about half of the available options.

One idea, switch from a bench seat, to bucket seats. Remove the frame that holds the bucket seat off the floor, and build a deck, off the floor, that the bucket seat sits directly on. Then you have a cavity between the trucks floor, and the bottom of the deck, and places to mount speakers behind the bucket seats, or on the front side of the deck, facing forward.

I made them.

2012-03-22170254.jpg

I cut out the speaker rings then I used plumbers strap to get the placement right. Then I covered them in spray foam then I carved them down to right shape. Then I covered tem with a coat of kitty hair and bondo to get the final shape. After alot of sanding I finally covered them with fiber glass. I covered them with vinyl but my heat gun was broken so the vinyl didnt strech very well. The pods sound great the image is perfect right in the center of the dash.

John