Got bored, Made shifter knob.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm an acrylic fabricator. Combination of scraps from previous projects we would have been recycling anyway, glued some pieces together and trimmed the shit out of it and sanded. I can easily make more but need to take the time to find out where to get inserts and what not for mounting it. I made this today more as a test run to see how easily it would work. Honestly I can easily do custom shapes. I also have another idea for a custom light cover but it's far more complicated and would require tools I don't have access to.

I'm also starting a side project making adult toys I can link the first test run I made for that too just to give ya an idea of the crazy shapes I can make.

Yeah I know the adult toy thing is weird, but money is money and the less scrap acrylic we recycle and use to make stuff the more money we can make.

My shop will be getting a lathe soonish and then I can get really crazy with different ideas I've had for parts.

strange sex toy comments aside thats a cool shifter knob i would rock one i really like some of the other ones offered here but with how close my shifter is to the console i need a knob that is tall instead of just a ball

I currently can make things in any combination of black, clear, and blue. I can access a multitude of other colors but only if i can get scrap from the wholesaler. Acrylic is rediculously expensive and generally you hafta purchase it by the sheet. I could check Tap plastics also but paying full retail is "ugh."

I currently can make things in any combination of black, clear, and blue. I can access a multitude of other colors but only if i can get scrap from the wholesaler. Acrylic is rediculously expensive and generally you hafta purchase it by the sheet. I could check Tap plastics also but paying full retail is "ugh."

i don't normally put this info out there because i like to have my pick of scraps...i use sheet to make all kinds of stuff. but multicraft plastics in tigard oregon has an awesome scraproom. they sell leftover sheet scraps for 2 bucks a pound. you can find some good big pieces there, i never found anything good at tap. i haven't been there for about a year but it is worth checking out.