so i bought a new 620

a week after i sold my orange 620 my l20 in my dime took a crap on me and i have driven my caprice the last couple weeks . well the other day the thermo stat got stuck in the caprice and that passed me off because i was stuck on the side of the road so last night i went and bought a 620. iI will post more pics when i can finde one of my cameras

NEW620.jpg

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

:blink:

ok so here is the deal when i start my truck after it has cooled down the temp will go way up. So i changed the thermo stat and upper hose ( it was collapsing) same thing. so i noticed that when it gets hot the upper hose and the rad is cold but the bottom hose is hot. now if i turn the truck off and let it sit for a couple minutes the thermo stat opens and the rad and upper hose get warm because the thermostat opens. the only thing i can think of is maybe there is a massive air pocket in there. any one had this happen ? any one have any ideas?

i am running a l16 with a u67 head and the stat i putt in was a 195

And no i did not putt the the thermo stat in upside down :drool:

I think that if you have cycled it a few times of knowing that the thermostat has opened(hot upper hose) that you could eliminate the air pocket theory on a L motor. They just dont tend to pocket the air like some other cars do.

I have to wonder if you might have a new defective thermostat or for some reason the collapsing upper how makes me think you might have a radiator cap problem. Has the cap been replaced? Cheap to do..

Jason