Oil Cooler

I don't know if its been a previous topic, but I was wondering wat kind of oil cooler I can use with my L20B, its stock but i'd like to have it in there, mostly cuz it looks awesome lol but if anyone has suggestions let me know. Thanks guys :)

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

and mike is talking about these ones

Not really. That looks like any other cheap auto trans cooler that doesn't have hardly any pressure to contain. I wouldn't use one of those if my engine depended on it. The pressure runs at 60 and up PSI if the pump is shimmed. I mean the one from a 280zx that has the block oil filter adapter, hard and flex lines and the finned cooler.

,,,,, and fuck the bozouko (whatever) look with an oil cooler out front. Morons. All it takes is a rock or some dick backing into you and poking a hole in it while you're in K Mart. Down the road you go and suddenly the motor screeches to a stop ..... (you didn't hear the rod go through the side of the block because the rap Justin Bieber music was too loud).... and then the oil pressure light comes on. Do it right and then put a fake cooler from an old air conditioner out front.

• Like 1

Thats why I dont listen to Justin Beiber or go to KMart.... that kind of shit never happens to me when I go to Wallmart rocking my Milley Cyirus . because Im a fancy boy.

Fixed...

Corrected.

You thought i was thread jackin... but i was waiting for my pictures to load.. :lol:

If your not really needing a oil cooler and just wanting to sport a different look in your engine bay,,, maybe just retro fit a filter adapter like those old import engines/ cab and chassis had on them ..like below

datsun522332.jpg

datsun522333.jpg

FWIW, having your oil filter straight up only makes a nice air-trap.

Met somebody that had it that way.. watched him change his oil... the hard way, oil everywhere. So I showed him a nice little trick.. you spin the adapter and point the filter down, or until it hits the motor mount. Lol, you can pre-fill your filter that way too.

I'm with Mike on that oil cooler out front thing... if you do it make sure it's fake and then eat up the fact that it's fake and useless and just added weight.

Like he said,... just takes a rock (and it'd be too late if this happened if you were on say, the freeway) or hitting something in the road... pretty much anything. And you wouldn't even realize it until your engine started saying "Hey guy, fuck you guy!"

ITT: Too much Bieber/Dion up in herre.

Introducing some Guns N' Roses to even the score (for our sake)

OK. Today I picked up a complete 83 280zx oil cooler. There are three pieces, the block mount with filter, two flex lines to fittings through the body and two more flex lines to the cooler.

280zxoilcooler001Large.jpg

This is the end that screws to the block. Looks slightly small for most L series but maybe I can fab up an adapter.

280zxoilcooler002Large.jpg

.... bitches!

I put an oil cooler on my L18, in my Hardbody truck. Its actually a hydraulic oil cooler off a fork-lift, I dug it out of a scrap yard. Got a sandwich adaptor and aeroquip lines - which were the most expensive part of the project. Fitted the cooler on the chassis inside the engine bay. Thing is, I have to disconnect it each winter, cos oil temp stays around 180F with it on.