New '68 ratsun 510 owner

Where else u guys goin to be? I went to golden today and didnt see any other datsun than mine. I hope we can make some datsun meets. Here in golden I knowa least 3 ppl that will b down for meet up a least to look at the datsuns.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

So this happened to me at approx 1:30am this morning:

img0560uq.jpg

Not sure what I'm going to do but I know the car needs to be secure with better lugnuts...

i know these are knock offs (as were my konigs) but given the situation I think im going to go with the drag dr20s

http://www.speed-element.com/servlet/the-2320/DR2015715073GBM,DR-dsh-20,DR20,Drag-DR-dsh-20,Drag-DR20,Rim,Rims,Wheel,Wheels,15x7,4x114.3,4x114.3mm/Detail

ya im gonna get a set of lug locks, I had the tuner lugs but everyone has the adapter for it so im not surprised. I cant decide what wheels I want, I really want to find some old school oem wheels but I dont know where to start looking.

What kind of OEM? There are many options to choose from if youre going that route. Most of the patterns people use are off 280s though... I think 510s only came in steelies with hubcaps. I really like that look as well. You could always get a set of Bassett/Aero/Diamonds and slap some reconditioned hubcaps on them.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

well

img0560uq.jpg

that really sux! But at least you still have the car. I got my first 510 stolen back in 2000. it was later found completely stripped. way to keep your head up.

img0560uq.jpg

Not sure what I'm going to do but I know the car needs to be secure with better lugnuts...

i know these are knock offs (as were my konigs) but given the situation I think im going to go with the drag dr20s

http://www.speed-ele...x114.3mm/Detail

Wow!!! That really blows :sick: The car had nice wheels on it too. :bye: You can look on fleebay too. There a several people selling complete custom wheel sets for around $500 brand new. Just an option. Good luck on your wheel hunt either way. :console:

yep got some new wheels back on it about a month ago (i havent been neglecting it)

got a good deal on these drags from a guy on japanesenostaligiccar.com and I like em!

img0640vh.jpg

Talked to Jeff Winter, the datsun guru up here in Denver and he is going to help me get a diff and some nice datsun performance parts installed.

I'm still trying to find a good dash cover replacement because mine is all cracked, any ideas? I saw a guy with a CF dash on here and it looked awesome!

im not sure if I should make a new build thread or just keep updating this one...

• Like 1

Those drags look good. I would just keep updating this thread... It's already a couple pages long. That CF piece he got on eBay awhile ago and it's not a normal production item. You can find caps around that go on top of the cracked dash or just a full new top dash piece. You'd be looking at about 65-80 for the cap last I saw and maybe 200-259 for a new uncracked dash pad.

Well unfortunately the 68 does not have a seperate dash pad its all one piece. They do make a plastic dash cap for the 68 you can get on ebay anywhere from $65 to $85 depending. Thats what I put on my 68, my dash was beyond fucked up on the top portion I could not believe once I cleaned up the rest of dash and installed dash pad how nice it looked compared to before. i will try to find some pics.

Ebay member parts-pros has some but price has gone up since I bought mine $130 shipped, also found some on website stock interiors.com for $75 plus shipping. Make sure you get the 68 specific cover it dips down in the middle and is different from every other year even though EGAY sellers advertise 70-73 dash covers claiming they will fit 68-73 (not true)

I also know the 68 cover will fit 69 dash with a little work

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

A few from today after my daily commute from work:

img0717ta.jpg

img0719rf.jpg

new dashboard cover!

img0720i.jpg

this is going to be a before picture, im looking into doing a nice leather stitch repair for the rear seat

img0722wl.jpg

and here's my mountain/winter car- its surprisingly nimble and powerful with that 2.3 turbo

img0727kb.jpg