Early Silvia CSP311

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There's one up here in Vancouver that's been stripped down for restoration. One sold from San Diego last year, only one that was sold in the US if I remember the deal, purchased by a dealer and sold in Hawaii.....

Someone got their ass handed to them in a pink basket on THAT deal.

As I understand it, that particular car was one of the styling mules that was never supposed to be "acquired", but it landed in a progression of shops, each of which made modifications (due to the unavailability of parts such as taillights).

No offense to the owner, but it's a turd. A unique turd with a cool history, but a turd.

Saw a nice silver one at Shasta back in '03. Seems like I saw a green one somewhere?

Correct - They were all green. Every last one of them. You probably saw the "other" one, which I think is in WA. My buddy's is in FL.

I am amazed [should I be?] at the similarity to the BMW 2.0CS! It appears that in addition to looking to the BMW 1600 engine for inspiration in designing the L16 [and bumping it straight up to keep the car width under 1.5 Meters], someone fell in lust with the 2.0CS also. No kidney bean grill, but the rest sure looks kissing cousin to me.

Yep.

There are 3 in the US that I am aware of, one belongs to my good friend and business partner.

http://www.nicoclub.com/ROTM/rotmoct05.shtml

One is almost identical but not as nice, and one is pretty bad-off if I recall correctly.

Any chance that you could peek and tell me the first digit of the [original?] engine serial number? 0xxx, 1xxx, 2xxx, or 3xxx ?

• 3 weeks later...