from low and slow to high and mighty

Mr.Dean_Yates

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

okay guys i know i promised pics but please hold on lol.

im gonna start fabbin up some brackets for f150 shocks...if any one knows about the stock shocks for a 2wd nissan 720, you know they are little things that restrict the lift. f150 shocks fully compressed are the same length as the stock shocks at half compression...therefore longer shocks=taller lift. after a few days of trying to get the truck taller, and getting no where, i realized its the stupid stock shocks. hahaha

im gonna start fabbin up some brackets for f150 shocks...if any one knows about the stock shocks for a 2wd nissan 720, you know they are little things that restrict the lift. f150 shocks fully compressed are the same length as the stock shocks at half compression...therefore longer shocks=taller lift. after a few days of trying to get the truck taller, and getting no where, i realized its the stupid stock shocks. hahaha

Speaking of Ford, these stock Ford shock towers are an industry standard for a budget build, and they are only abnout $12.00 each. You can get them just about anywhere too, http://www.partsmike.com/, the Ford dealer, etc.

1103_large_image.jpg

I have got to agree. I'm teaching myself how to weld so that I can do things the market doesn't already allow, or to make things the market is too proud of for me to afford. It also helps if you have a good mechanical mind and good spacial orientation

Necessity is the mother of invention.

Waste not want not.

What other crass one liners can I use to illustrate the importance of a positive attitude and a little out of the box thinking? When I don't have a plan, sometimes I sit there with the part in my hand and hold it up in all different directions and invariably it works out. Sometimes that takes a long time, in which case...I work on something else.

i dunno if I would be focused on shock hoops at this moment. Should work on the control arms first. They are ultimately what's going to limit your lift. No since in making the shock hoops work with stick control arms. I dont think those would work on the 4wd ifs either. Not enough room. Could just put a longer shock in there. Maybe 4wd shocks.

So I took the ball joint spacers out because it was just nothing but issues, controll arm kept eatin at my wheel. Got new wheels. Jegs baja 8. They are 15x8 with a 3.75 backspacing. They look good, just gtta get new tires. Problem I'm having now...after weeks of suspension problems finally fixed...my motor is running like shit and shakes violently not sure what this means. But I'm gonna clean the sparkplugs and if that works I promise ill post pics of my adventures haha.

Ps I did a little wheeling today...before my motor took a dump. I have pics of that too :)

• 4 weeks later...

Speaking of Ford, these stock Ford shock towers are an industry standard for a budget build, and they are only abnout $12.00 each. You can get them just about anywhere too, http://www.partsmike.com/, the Ford dealer, etc.

1103_large_image.jpg

Wow those are a great price! Was going to get some from ruff stuff/fab some but I think my budget will like these a lot more glad i stumbled upon this the steel would be more than that for me to buy...

• 3 years later...