Need Help Rewiring 620 hedlites

DatDoug

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hear ya go :D

Get some wire, 12ga should work, get 2 in-line fuses (20-30amp), 2 40amp relays, and a few misc connectors.

Wire the 2 in-line fuses to the + post on your starter or battery, run those wires to the #30 terminal on your relays

For the low beam relay plug the red/black into terminal #87, run a ground to #85, and split the red wire that's plugged into your old relay plugging one lead into the #86 terminal

For the high beam relay plug the red/white wire into terminal #87, red/yellow into #85, the other half of your red wire goes to #86

The red, red/yellow, red/black, and red/white should be the four wires that are plugged into your old relay, you may need to extend them.

Hopefully that doesn't just confuse you. I pulled it from an old post when I did it a while back

I would just get a H4 harness and use the stock pass side to trigger the new harness(if you can just get that to work then this will be your low current side.

You can get 2 light(2 relays) H4 for the outer lights(leave the stock High inner along) or get the 4 headlamps type (3 relays)

about a 20min job to install. putting the main power feed at the starter lug.

http://www.4crawler.com/4x4/CheapTricks/Headlights.shtml