620 gas tank compatibility

ddhacor

Hi Guys,

I'm shopping for a tank to replace the crazy rusted one I've got now. Even with two filters, my carb bowl gets loaded with rust-dust...

Anyone know what other tanks will fit on my 78 620 kingcab? And by that I mean, does a 720 tank bolt up (etc)? It seems that there are more 720 tanks available. I've read through a couple threads talking about the 620/720 frame compatibilities and I'm thinking it should work.

The tank on my 74 bolts up a different way, so that's not an option.

Thanks!

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm pretty sure the 720s are bolted to the frame front and back. If you cut the mounts off a 720 you could weld them on your '78. I have a 720 long bed tank on mine but it was an '82 frame to start with. I had to lower the tank about 4" to slide under the cab. I'll have a look when I get home and if worth it I'll post pix of the mounts. The 720 4X4 tank is large and there is a notch in the top to allow part of it to project under cab for extra volume.

I just went thru every phone book in the house-nada.It is on Grant just east of the 10,south side(brick building)Performance engineeering(perfection engineering?).There are always quads,dirt bikes,mini bikes/choppers displayed on the corner.Looks like a dump of a shop,but they do a bitchin' job on fuel tanks.

Mine (521) was leaking. Had it boiled out and fixed at a shop for $60. Then I got some Master Series Silver, poured it in the tank and swished it around (to seal in the surface rust inside), poured out the excess, painted the outside with the same master series, then used textured undercarrage black on top of that.

Working swell so far!

MyGastank.jpg

• 1 month later...

Check this out...From the AZ Daily Star Today

Pot found at North Side Tucson repair shop, police say

Arizona Daily Star

Tucson, Arizona | Published: 06.16.2008

advertisementMore than 2,000 pounds of marijuana were seized from a North Side auto repair shop, Tucson police said Monday.

The owner of Precision Engineering, 815 W. Grant Road, was arrested along with two other people, police said.

The incident began when police said officers saw a dump truck unload a pile of dirt at the back of the business Monday morning. Mixed in with th dirt were bales of marijuana, police said. Police had been doing surveillance in the area.

Officers served a search warrant and recovered 120 bales of marijuana weighing a total of about 2,000 pounds.

Bob