411 Wiper Motor Swap -- Anyone done one?

jfbrink

My wiper motor is very dead. Looking at other Datsuns from the era, the motors and gear housings look interchangeable, with the differences appearing in the mounting plate/bracket and what mounts to the shaft. Has anyone swapped in a motor from a different Datsun, or have one easily at hand to compare against the 411.

Best,

Jesse.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I thought about a rebuild, but this thing is wrecked. Inside it was a solid block of rust. I got it apart and found that pretty much everything inside is ruined. I'm going to take some measurements down to the salvage yard this week and see if there are any easy fits (I really think there will be).

For the SR20 swap, are you cutting into the firewall there or just coming up against it real close?

Jesse.

Probally cutting into the firewall just a lil bit. I plan on doing a small 3 core aluminium rad thats about half the size of a regular one, with a small side mount intercooler setup in the front next to the rad, so from outside it looks like theres a full radiator, but when you pop the hood, you see there is half and half. Whole goal is to look stock from the outside. I dont want you seeing a giant intercooler or anything, i want it all hidden. Going to be alot of work, but well worth it.

• 1 month later...

Went out but only found a Datsun 410 took some photos anyways.

Because the motor bracket is sheet metal, it would be trivial to drill new holes to fit virtually any wiper motor.

But more importantly is the motor shaft and the gear arm. It's the same 410/411, but is one piece.

Datsun 410

20120523023408DSC07539.jpg

20120523023328DSC07535.jpg

20120523023400DSC07538.jpg

20120523023348DSC07537.jpg

20120523023340DSC07536.jpg

20120523023414DSC07540.jpg