My B210 Rotary project

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As far as the interior goes i carpeted my goon for under 30 dollars at wally world, as far as the door panels get some card board trace them out put the stencle on some masonite or some material like that and go to a craft store and get some plasctic leather cut to form carfully glue and staple, mark the door handle and window crank, and screw it in , seats well some vw seats work and i think some toyota seats work back seat un sure but maybe make it four bucket seats... Lol gl hope that helps

[

As far as the interior goes i carpeted my goon for under 30 dollars at wally world, as far as the door panels get some card board trace them out put the stencle on some masonite or some material like that and go to a craft store and get some plasctic leather cut to form carfully glue and staple, mark the door handle and window crank, and screw it in , seats well some vw seats work and i think some toyota seats work back seat un sure but maybe make it four bucket seats... Lol gl hope that helps

thanks for the info

• 2 months later...
it is totally stripped. no carpet no speakers no nothing
Sounds like a factory stock B210. Many came without carpet or speakers.

Drag Racing is owned by small lightweight cars. The reason big bloated cars are still successful is that the Class structure allows them to compete, or in some cases the rules outlaw smaller cars.

The world's quickest 12A is a Datsun!

Datsun itself made rotary Bs. The Nissan rotary even had peripheral ports!

• 9 months later...

Hello everyone. .

just here to share my recent project. This is my first datsun, its a 77 b210 coupe. I picked her up for 700 bucks, with its orginal running engine. My plans are for swap the recent engine for a 13b mazda engine. So any help will be greatly appreciated.

422082_310817265643536_100001457947578_9

looks very nice...

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

woo hoo!  another rotary datsun!

there's a few options based on engine mount when doing a rotary swap:

1. front mount - usually the easiest when fabbing the engine mounts, but may require cutting the firewall to clear the trans bell housing and/or slave cyl.  usually has the best chance of lining up the shifter to the shifter hole.  usually requires more work overall, but results in slightly better weight distribution as the engine is pushed back as far as possible.

2.  side mount using GSL-SE center iron - you would need to move the engine mounts on the cross member, but if done right looks cleaner.  may not require as much firewall modification as it pulls the engine forward.  issues would be clearance of the fan to the radiator and slave cylinder clearance.  sometimes the slave cyl can be clearanced by just hammering on the trans hump a little.   will pull the shifter forward and could be a pain if you have short arms!

3.  2nd/3rd gen 13Bs - require a little more creativity.  engine mounts require a lot more work and clearances need to be checked more since the mounts are different from the old school 13Bs and intake manifolds are little bulkier.

obviously the driveshaft will need to be custom made, but can be done pretty inexpensively.

trans - imo, i think the early 79-80 RX7 trans were the easiest to work with, but not stout enough if you're going turbo.  they'll work plenty well if you're in the 200HP NA range.

cant wait to see more!