got pics?

just read Thomas' lil guide to posting pics and had to try,

heres a few pics i took a while ago, theres been a few improvements since these were taken, but she's been locked in a shed out of town since then :(

CIMG0429.jpg

notice the morris minor indicator lenses, originals were run over during dissasembly

CIMG0428.jpg

guards beaten and filed to accomidate larger wheels, ( wheels in photo only used while painting)

CIMG0430.jpg

hilman avenger front seats, near perfect match to replace broken front bench seat while being recovered.

CIMG0433.jpg

CIMG0432.jpg

CIMG0436.jpg

re fabricated dash, 6x9 speakers hidden either side of the cluster, lights/wiper controlls mounted underneath in the centre and ignition barrel replaced with toggle switch and push button start, hidden on drivers right hand side.

CIMG0435.jpg

wil post new and improved images when i eventually drive her out of the shed!

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest jaimesix

Very nice.

Those seats fit perfectly. Low back seats are my favorite.

What wheels/tires are you going to use on your Datto???

The minor indicators suit well.

Very cool. Are you going for stocker looks? or performance?

Either way, it is a great car!

Jaime.________________________________________________________

Very nice.

What wheels/tires are you going to use on your Datto???

good question,

something fat, deep polished/stainless lip, nothing chrome don't want to take from the shape of the car, iv got some ROH wide 5 spokes that look almost perfect, but won't fit due to wheel bearing hub.

let me know what your thoughts are, give me a few ideas.

good question,

something fat, deep polished/stainless lip, nothing chrome don't want to take from the shape of the car, iv got some ROH wide 5 spokes that look almost perfect, but won't fit due to wheel bearing hub.

You could do much worse than using the stock wheels and R411 wheel covers, Nissan part number 40315-10400, which look very much like the classic "Cord 712" wheel plus hub cap. See my 1967 RL411 posting in the below sections for a look at the 411 with these wheel covers.

is that the original interior? if so, it's incredibly clean for a car that age!

I love this car. I've got the 510 and 521. Now I'm going to have to get another matching set with a 411 and a 520! :D

most of, front seats have been replaced, dash has been rebuilt, carpet has been removed. but hood lining, doors, rear seat, steering wheel.... all original.

Guest jaimesix
good question,

Being a small car , I would go with 13s. It will give your Datto that fat wheel look, and fit well . Once I saw one with Libre wheels ( American Racing brand, like the legendary BRE Datsun 510s ) and it fit very nicely.

Another cool look is to strecth the stock steel wheels. The shop doing the stretching will measure the right offset based on the tires desired ( 205 - 215/50/13 ) and then you can use the stretchies painted black ( my favorite, vintage racing looking ) or else use the stock hubcaps on the stretched wheels , which looks awesome as well.

Nice car.

Jaime.__________________________________________________

I guess bumpers ain't mandatory in New Zealand, eh? I like the inside shot from the back seat....you can see the grass through the shifter hole. :D

as long as theres no sharp protruding objects that could impale cyclists ur sweet, still got the bumpers if needed tho,

the grass is a good look aye was the same with the box and engine in 2, watching the drive shaft do it's thing while cruizing dwn the road,