matchbox distributor

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You can use stock coil . They just run hotter... and you can get a coil from almost any older vehicle at the junkyard for cheap...

An EI module will pull twice the current through a points coil. The points coils aren't made for EI operation and will overheat and burn out. This always happens at night or farthest from home and will leave you stranded. If they are cheap at the 'yards' then get the proper EI coil from a '78 anything and up.

85?

If low balling his price take it to the Private Messenger.

An EI module will pull twice the current through a points coil. The points coils aren't made for EI operation and will overheat and burn out. This always happens at night or farthest from home and will leave you stranded. If they are cheap at the 'yards' then get the proper EI coil from a '78 anything and up.

If low balling his price take it to the Private Messenger.

Haha, thats not lowballing. Lowballing would have been offering 30 bucks. I negotiated man thats all :rofl:

This isn't directed at you izzo....

Wasn't that long ago someone would post something for sale and it was open season for everyone to jump in about the price. Even people who had no intention of buying. Criticizing the condition. "I bought three of those for the that price", " I'll give you $10 for it" , " No, I want it! I'll give you $20".

The price is whatever the seller thinks he can get for it, or whatever he thinks is a fair price for it. It's totally up to the buyer to know what's a fair price. If too high make an offer by private messenger. If it is too high the price usually drops and he has your offer. If you have questions about quality, size, fit w/e ask, ..... other's may have missed this. Sometimes a seller doesn't know what he is selling. If there is a complaint about the seller/product, then report to a mod.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

izzo I hope you went and got a coil

It actually has an MSD Blaster coil on it hooked up to the ballast resistor. Just going to remove it, hook it up correctly and off I go. (or hope thats the case :lol:)

My personal beef with trying to sell stuff is when you try to sell a "pocket item". Like a headlight switch. Then someone offers you two bucks because they can steal it from pick and pull. Fml.

A thing is worth exactly what it will sell for. If they are common, easy to get, small and pocket-able then they are worth exactly that...little or nothing. Knowing this, would it make sense to try selling for $15? The seller should know what something is worth and price accordingly. (plus time and trouble to remove and package and ship). If there are $2 offers on your $15 price you can a/ keep it or b/ lower the price. It's the nature of the beast.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.