521 a gypsy trek

Old treads

http://community.rat...drive-me-crazy/

http://community.rat...201241-521-4x4/

NICE facelift RATsun i need to learn how to surf the site all over!

the travel log early January Vancouver WA

day one up at 5am to pack the rig full of stuff

A multitude of gusts on I 84 that stole my bike and camping cot, striking the wag passenger fender and windshield beaten

spanish019.jpg

day two

winter storm caught up to me in La Grand OR,made the first dreadful pass no problem this truck rocks ,the 2nd good hill took me for a 180 wipe out

Wagon suffered yet another injury drivers fender and hood kissed the truck

spanish005.jpg

spanish004.jpg

spanish003.jpg

day three

no problems to report all is well iam thinking this will be the first travel day without issue.

WRONG,just after dusk the stereo pops off and i get a text ''hows the truck doing?'' the truck stutters i pull over and check some things out,try to start her she says no,i tear the stereo out not knowing what has caused my problem,she fires up but the alternator is done for ,

(stayed at a hotel where u check yourself in keys in a box and a note fill out each line and the night mgmt wont bother u "Snow ville Utah"

No snow there funny rt?

day four

i get back on the road to the nearest "city"find a NAPA order the part and i am stranded for a day,waiting for the part to arrive.

day five

alt in truck good to go!now will today be my great no problem travel day?NO i lose the passenger wiper not the biggest of problems but i dont want any at this point ,after fueling i hear something i dont like metal on metal grinding just a smidge from the wagon.

day six

up early top off the tank and get ready for this day of scariness,the wind is high the truck is heavy and the passenger side of the wagon looks to have settled lower than the driver side white out conditions as soon as the road is uneven and the wind kick i am on the bad end of a sea-saw,i am exhausted like any of the travel days so i call it a day at noon .,when backing the wagon at the hotel the rig binds,i burned out the rear wheel hub ASSEMBLY TOASTED!!! that metal on metal that seesaw?get a clue rookie

spanish009.jpg

spanish010.jpg

day seven stranded looking to NASA to save me again?No parts anywhere for this rig(1989 240sx rear irs) 4-5 days out , i Finlay come up with a plan i will rent a tow dolly from u haul only problem not one with in 46 miles of my current location,i travel the 47 miles to Ault Colorado pick it up have lunch ,load the car and get to jammin to the next hotel i will stay at.go go go go go go go g closes at 7pm. i arrive Colorado Springs Colorado @ 6:55PM to a cheap and shitty hotel pay by the week ,the peeps i seen iam sure there could be rented by the hour.

spanish017.jpg

spanish013.jpg

future plans are to use picture instead of all those letters used earlier

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic