missing all keys

deserthoneybee

Hello all-

I'm thinking of buying a 1975 B210 from a guy but he has no keys. He's been starting the car with a screwdriver (!) My question is, how would I go about getting everything re-keyed? I'm assuming I'll have to get the ignition replaced but then can I get the doors and trunk to match the new ignition key? What sort of costs am I looking at? I've asked around and heard everything from $100 to $850.

Thanks so much-

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

not sure about the B210's but on the 620, 510, and 521's have 4 number's stamped on the ignition switch face plate. I just take those #'s to my local lock smith and he pulls out a code card which let's him know how deep to cut the new key. GL

If hes using a screwdriver the ignition is likely pooched now. If he unscrewed the actual switch, far left with the wires soldered on yes you can just use a screwdriver to work it. If he just stabbed it in and cranked it, it fucked and best to find another.The key cylinder can be removed by hack-sawing the break away bolts and using a blade screwdriver to remove and put back.

710ignitionsw001Large.jpg

710ignitionsw007Large.jpg