Steroid's 6 lug Permacast thread

Steroid

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Mike...

Doin' okay...recovering from a busted leg and, kicking back while re-reading old magazines.

It's this one, (I bet you already have it):

HOT ROD February 1976

Page 97

HRFeb76.jpg

A few other wheel ads in there, too...like this one LOL:

0924121048.jpg

Excellent ! Thanks ! I do not have that issue but will try to track one down for My collection. I had never heard of Essence Wheels either so that is an important find of 6 lug history. I don't think I ever photographed a truck with those wheels, was that ad from the same issue?

Take care, Mike

Hi Phiz,

Thanks ! ! Just bought it and 17 more Hot Rod magazines for $25.00 shipped off "the bay" ! ! Any other mini truck articles in 1975 and 1976 issues that You have found ?

• 8 months later...

kinda a necro thread rising but the info is current.. and the wheels are super hot

Ebay $1400.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1970s-15x8-5-15x7-Permacast-Mag-Wheel-Rims-6x5-5-Center-Caps-Lugnuts-GMC-Chevy-/111123164384?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Wheels&hash=item19df74ec

It`s buy it now only so i'm not really messing up anybodys , get them cheeeep at auction, stategy either.

T2eC16VQE9s3HFd1jBRTGS5lRw60_57_zpsf8c0d

T2eC16Fy0E9s2S5U8vBRTGTNehw60_14_zps1fb6

T2eC16NygE9s7HHq5RBRTGVy1MqQ60_14_zpsba1

Thanks. I saw those. I have two other Permacast 14" X 6.5" rims that I am checking on having that treatment done at a shop in Las Vegas. If I find (or if any of You guys) a pair of 6 lug 15" X 10" rears, they will be done too. If You hear of ANY in that size PLEASE let Me know. Thanks ! 

• 2 weeks later...

I was totally about to jump all over those.......... until I noticed the center holes were bored out for larger axles (IE; 4X4, etc).      :(   :(

I will still speculate on them though. Thank You for sharing the ebay link. Had they had the smaller opening for stock center caps, they would be on their way to My house right now.

Mike 

I was totally about to jump all over those.......... until I noticed the center holes were bored out for larger axles (IE; 4X4, etc).       :(   :(

I will still speculate on them though. Thank You for sharing the ebay link. Had they had the smaller opening for stock center caps, they would be on their way to My house right now.

Mike 

Don't you have a 4x4 you could run them on? :D

• Like 1