collection complete

i did some work (ALOT OF WORK) for a friend and he gave me the final piece of my rabbit collection. its an 81 sportruck. they aren't the best pics, i will get better ones tomorrow including the engine and interior but for what i did i am not gonna complain. it needs ALOT of work and a bedside but all in all its actually a pretty decent rig. runs pretty good just some rattles underneath. its gonna take alot of work to put it back together but hey... its all good.

th_Picture031.jpg

th_Picture032.jpg

th_Picture033.jpg

th_Picture034.jpg

so now i have a 79 2dr, a 79 4dr, an 81 rabbit convertible, and an 81 sportruck. rabbit collection complete.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

as promised a few better pics.

i have also done a little more looking into the truck and its got.....

EN 1.7l :yikes: possibly going JH soon enough

FF 5spd

self adjusting clutch cable :yuck: ](*,)

Pioneer detach face tape deck mounted in the glovebox

crystal clear H4s

and now a momo shift knob :D

th_Picture035.jpg

th_Picture036.jpg

th_Picture037.jpg

th_Picture038.jpg

th_Picture039.jpg

th_Picture040.jpg

th_Picture041.jpg

th_Picture042.jpg

th_Picture043.jpg

th_Picture044.jpg

th_Picture045.jpg

th_Picture046.jpg

th_Picture048.jpg

th_Picture049.jpg

th_Picture050.jpg

th_Picture051.jpg

th_Picture052.jpg

th_Picture053.jpg

th_Picture054.jpg

th_Picture055.jpg

i knwo where theres an 80 pickup in the bone yards locally. beautiful body :( but not a sportruck like mine. :D i have a new bedside so thats not an issue. just a pain to replace as i have no decent welder and i cant weld for shit.

I had one of 80 Caddy, drove it for years...In fact in was only about 5yrs ago that i totaled it..I miss that sucker...16v swap 4 wheel disc brakes, 5 spd, performance fuel system, and exhaust, smoothed tailgate, ...cool, funn little truck

p6070128ga8.jpg

WOW!!!! thats a great lookin caddy.... to bad it got totalled. that sucks. hopefully mine wont get to thrashed.

oh and bagged..... if i was closer i would take ya up on the offer.

as of this morning i installed andor fixed....

MOMO shift knod

rocco buckets

repaired the drivers side brake cable

uninstalled the alarm that was semi uninstalled

and a new (used) shift boot. it doesn't quite fit. round boot on a rectangular peice of plastic.

stereo is a definate. i already ahve a pioneer in it but its hidden. its wired for 4 speakers but only 2 are installed currently. it will soon ahve 2 more installed and maybe even some beats soon. i have amps just no box or subs.

yeah i have a bunch of dubs. 7 and counting. no more though as i am running out of room.... not really just cant afford to keep them all running and insured.

Guest DatsuNoob

That's just what I need to shake out the 30+ years of dirt and build-up from my chassis. I swear if you even sneeze or fart around my truck, a big clump of dirt falls out.

Cool! Funny I just made a post about a VW truck in the gas price thread that is going on. Snooping aroung craigslist I found a vw caddy truck for trade. Diesel. At 40-50 MPG (according to the owner) I am almosted tempted.

He says it is a daily driver w/ 131K, new master cylinder, new front calipers and pads, new rear brakes, new struts, front end from a 93 vw cabriolet, aluminum wheels, cabriolet leather/vinyl seats, carpet tie rod end etc. HE says it is almost there but not quite. Whatever that means. Rust I would guess, but as long as it wasn't structural it wouldn't matter that much to me!

I do like the quirky looks of these things!

DSCN0192.jpg