Road Trippin!

Hey guys, so a buddy of mine and I are going to road trip from Washington D.C. to Tucson, AZ. My folks are moving from D.C. back to Tucson, where I'm originally from and I offered to drive their car across the country since they've already done it when they moved out and don't want to do it again. I think it sounds fun though. We're leaving D.C. this Sunday and we've given ourselves a week to do it. We have nothing planned except the general route we are taking and wanna do most of it on-the-fly. If you guys know of any awesome places that aren't too well known and off the beaten path, must-sees, or maybe a couch or two to crash on along the way (seeing as we don't really have enough to afford hotels all along the way) any info would be really appreciated.

Here's a pic of roughly the route we're taking.

We want to try and stay off the main routes and interstates as much as possible, spending more time in small towns and such.

Picture8.png

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Blue Ridge Parkway is pretty incredible! Lots of streams and trees and waterfalls.

Also, treat yourself to some fried chicken over here:

Eischen's Bar

109 N 2nd St

Okarche, OK 73762

4718930989_95a216b5dc.jpg

<br class="Apple-interchange-newline">

With that route you might get comments like, " you boys sure do got a purty mouth"

Alter your route to go through Colorado. Durango, silverton, aspen, glennwood springs. Don't worry about spring snow storms, the snow won't last long.

And you better take lots of pics of unusual things and people along the way.

Oh man, I forgot about Graceland! Good call.

and dont forget TD's BBQ in knoxville, or sweet P's bbq. both are gooooood smile.gif

Will do, I'm definitely on the lookout for some killer bbq on this trip.

The Blue Ridge Parkway is pretty incredible! Lots of streams and trees and waterfalls.

Also, treat yourself to some fried chicken over here:

Eischen's Bar 109 N 2nd St

Okarche, OK 73762

Looks awesome, stopping there for sure.

With that route you might get comments like, " you boys sure do got a purty mouth"

And you better take lots of pics of unusual things and people along the way.

Haha, I'm totally expecting some of that rural "hospitality." Makes the trip more memorable, right? And I'll be taking tons of pictures the whole way.

If you've got time, hook up with some of the Banzai and Desert Datsuns guys while you're in AZ. There's a bunch of them in Tucson.

From Oklahoma through New Mexico you should be able to ride along some of Route 66. It's always slower than the interstate, but you find some neat things along the way.

From Oklahoma through New Mexico you should be able to ride along some of Route 66. It's always slower than the interstate, but you find some neat things along the way.

Yea, we are hoping to get on Route 66 for part of this trip. I saw a show about it not too long ago and there's some awesome/weird stuff still kickin around that would be cool to see.

Kicked off the trip with a bang. Flew out last night to dc to help the folks pack. Connecting flight got cancelled at 11 p.m. and I was stranded in Nashville. Long story short I met some good ol' boy whose a trucker from Alabama at the bar tellin some of the craziest stories. Got rebooked for a 5:45 a.m. flight. Didn't go to sleep last night, still awake somehow.

Aaron, I'll be in Tucson on Saturday the 24th.