Radiator failure

I went to the store to inqiure about a points set and found that autozone here dont carry them as a set... on the wasy home my "just repaired" radiator pissed down Foxhill Road.... I made it home and it didnt run hot (thanks to waterweter). So, what do you 620 guys do when you need one of these things?? Do you swap... for what?

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

if you search on ebay you will find aluminum replacements for around 3 bill or less and ive head that the fiero rad will swap in too. I went to a local JY and got one for $60 and yes rock auto has em for around 3 bills if i remember right

I went to the store to inqiure about a points set and found that autozone here dont carry them as a set... on the wasy home my "just repaired" radiator pissed down Foxhill Road.... I made it home and it didnt run hot (thanks to waterweter). So, what do you 620 guys do when you need one of these things?? Do you swap... for what?

..autozone sells points for L series. About $7 for a good set of Wells brand points. Want a part number?

EDIT: Scratch that, AZ P/N is JA1 click for link.

Autozone also has Spectre radiators for around $110. Find where it's leaking and solder it.

Edited by metalmonkey47

if you search on ebay you will find aluminum replacements for around 3 bill or less and ive head that the fiero rad will swap in too. I went to a local JY and got one for $60 and yes rock auto has em for around 3 bills if i remember right

thank you!! the car in the bone yard is busted

depends where its leaky a rad shop can fix it.

new rads are inferior to the old Jap ones or modine so I always keep the junk one in case the lower top and bottom can be used(saved)

I'll check on it thanks

..autozone sells points for L series. About $7 for a good set of Wells brand points. Want a part number?

EDIT: Scratch that, AZ P/N is JA1 click for link.

Autozone also has Spectre radiators for around $110. Find where it's leaking and solder it.

thanks!! I would like that part number!!!

If my "just repaired" radiator sprung a leak, I would be knocking on the shop's window no matter what time of day or night and demanding a much better repair on the house!

trust me I am there tomorrow morning!!!

You can make a 720 (1982 Z22) radiator fit but you will have to drill the mount holes in the core support and bent the top lip up a bit. Stock hoses and everything works and it will keep an L20 cool even in 100 degree temps.