Anyone here would like to share some stories about doing a Rotary swap?

Cyrphix

I'd love to hear some stories on how your rotary swap went. Did you have fun doing it? Was it a pain in the ass? Do you regret doing it or do you love it?

I'd like to know some details on how rotary runs in a 510. Or any Datsun you guys on Ratsun have swapped a rotary motor into!

I'm still young, if you check my profile, but my dad did a KA swap and I'd like to try something a bit different than the usual swaps for when I'm older.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No, not just an opinion, a fact. Yes, Rotaries can make power and can be fast, but have no grunt.

They can make some wild power but you will have to rev them to kingdom come. Do some research on your own about the engine itself.

No, not just an opinion, a fact. Yes, Rotaries can make power and can be fast, but have no grunt.

They can make some wild power but you will have to rev them to kingdom come. Do some research on your own about the engine itself.

I was thinking either KA or rotary. But thanks for the info.

rotarys have no torq.

No need for torque in a car this light. At the same time, torque makes a light car so much fun. laugh.gif

I actually want to ditch my KA for a rotary... I can pick up a wrecked RX8 for a couple grand and have an OBD2 EFI 13b, and then of course I will throw a turbo in there wink.gif I'm sure I would miss the torque.... but the rotary sound and top end power would totally make up for the lack of torque. Rotaries are lighter than L series engines and make more power...... win win?

Most of the stuff people do when they do KA/SR, you will have to do with a rotary swap as welI. There is a little more to a rotary swap since you will have to make custom engine mounts, custom tranny mounts, etc. since no one really produces that stuff for rotary swaps.

No need for torque in a car this light. At the same time, torque makes a light car so much fun. laugh.gif

I actually want to ditch my KA for a rotary... I can pick up a wrecked RX8 for a couple grand and have an OBD2 EFI 13b, and then of course I will throw a turbo in there wink.gif I'm sure I would miss the torque.... but the rotary sound and top end power would totally make up for the lack of torque. Rotaries are lighter than L series engines and make more power...... win win?

Most of the stuff people do when they do KA/SR, you will have to do with a rotary swap as welI. There is a little more to a rotary swap since you will have to make custom engine mounts, custom tranny mounts, etc. since no one really produces that stuff for rotary swaps.

Thinking out the box, I like.