510 wont shut off 79 EI dizzy

DAT510

I've had the problem for a while, i think i need to address it now. :lol:

i wired black/white, and Black/green to positive side of coil, and Black/blue to Matchbox

then Black to negative and made a wire go to the negative side of the Matchbox, it turns on flawlessly, problem is, i can't turn it off :D i turn the key all the way to the lock position and have to pull the negative wire from Matchbox to shut it off. i tried all possible wire combinations and still no cigar, i don't want to mess with it further cause then i might mess up my matchbox. i'll draw a diagram soon

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest 510kamikazifreak

The blk/white wire that goes to where the ballast resistor would have been,run this wire to the positive side of the coil,do not need the other wires hooked up to the coil.

Then hook dizzy up.

The blk/white wire that goes to where the ballast resistor would have been,run this wire to the positive side of the coil,do not need the other wires hooked up to the coil.

Then hook dizzy up.

Oh!! I see it noaw!!

i'll try it, i'll be back!

I'll swap my IR Alt from the 200sx onto the 510.

so what you guy are saying is Black/white wire to coil, and make a seperate wire from the + of the coil to + of the Matchbox..?

you still haven't done the IR alternator swap? and you had an alternator waiting to swap?

this is so simple!!!!!!!!!!!

But really if the car was working and running and just doesnt shut off and has a external volt reg then its a BAD VOLT REG!!!!!!!!!

http://www.davidcmur...dat/620tech.htm

read Jason greys write up!!!!!! on EI ignitions 1000 times

one more reason to ditch that mechanical regulator trash and go IR. those regulators cost too much to replace them and not just go IR instead.

this is so simple!!!!!!!!!!!

But really if the car was working and running and just doesnt shut off and has a external volt reg then its a BAD VOLT REG!!!!!!!!!

http://www.davidcmur...dat/620tech.htm

read Jason greys write up!!!!!! on EI ignitions 1000 times naked