RESTORED DATSUN BAJA 620 FOR SALE !

Hello Datsun Bretheren. I am a long time Datsun Enthusiast in Chicago. It is time to reduce the Datsun Fleet by one vehicle. The reason is I need to spend more time on my 510 race car and vintage race activities. www.transam-bsedan.com

So I am selling my 1978 Datsun 620 long bed Baja pick up for somebody else to enjoy. I have had a few Dealings on the Ratsun Forum all enjoyable. I don't post much as I am better with Carburators than Computers. LOL

A few years ago I traded my SER for the 620 to a local gentleman. Somebody might recognize the truck. The Truck came from Washington state. The guy that built it put his heart and soul into it, unfortunately he died of leukemia. The truck was sold by his mother. The full frame off, nut and bolt, acid dipped, restoration was done 7 years ago. It has 6,000 miles on it since then. 4,000 of those miles was driving it from Washington state to Chicago. The rest was me driving it to the race track or around town on nice days.(people love it) I get more thumbs up than you can imagine. The truck runs great. Pull out the choke crank the key and it is running.When it is warm push the choke in. This truck has the cool old fashioned vents. The ones that you pull and let the real fresh air in. When I was a kid I had a yellow with Black Hood Baja AFX slotcar. Those of you of a certain age will remember. That truck was a copy of Jim Conners Baja Winning truck.My plan was to duplicate the look. I contacted Jim and he sent me some old photo copies of articles and a original slot car page. Those are included with the sale.

Truck 1978 620 Long Bed with Rechromed 1973 front bumper. (looks like a 1973)

New Nissan L20b engine(not rebuilt).

New Nissan Comp L7 cam. Rally spec. (very Torquey)

New Nissan comp S.U. Carbs

New nissan Comp header. Stainless 4-2-1

New 3" inch stainless exhaust

New Borla Stainless Muffler

New Catalytic converter. (rattles at certain RPM. The gentleman I got it from had it put on. I would remove it

New 280ZX Flywheel lightened to 18 lbs

New 300ZX clutch and pressure plate

280ZX 5 speed Trans

Nissan Comp Detroit Locker set up 4;88 gears( with the tall tires runs great at highway speed in 5th)

Radiused wheel arches 1" (professinal job nice)

2" body lift kit with Stainless nuts and bolts.

Removed cargo hooks, frame bead, tail gate, Emblems removed

Custom tire holder, Roll Bar, and rear bumper(Nerf bar)

New Les Schwab wheels

Armstrong Desert Dog A-T tires.

Frame and undercoated truck with TUFF Truck Bedliner.

Interior,

Sony CD stereo with Cerwin Vega 6x9 speakers (loud and crisp)

New dash pad, No cracks no fading, Tachometer

New headliner.All new rubber and seals throughout the truck.All new trim. All New light assemblies

New winshield, custom aluminium door and kick panels. (artisan work)

Nissan 720 velour bench seat with 3 sets of seat belts.

From what I can tell and the documentation I have. Everthing that was put on this truck is OEM and New. The parts were purchased from McCord Bros Nissan Dodge.The attention to wiring detail is amazing.

What I see as problem areas. When you acid Dip anything You can never seem to neutralize the acid in tight seam areas.

so over time the acid seeps out ruins the paint and starts to rust that area.

I have taken pictures of these areas. Under the battery( the worst on the whole truck, Rust) No rust holes just surface rust.On the outside of the bed between the upper and lower bed sections. I am starting to see the paint there bubble a little. I left the windows cracked open and a rainstorm hit. There is some surface rust on the floor. No holes. Just doesn't look pretty white. Didn't find it because it was hidden by rubber mats. Where the hooks were removed on bed, those holes are showing that rust will start there. The truck has some chips here and there. But nothing out of the ordinary.AS I said I was going to repaint. So I started to remove some of the stickers on the passenger side.

The Price for the truck is $6000 Firm. No trades please! I think if you were to try to duplicate this vehicle you would easily spend $18,000 and a lot of your own personal time. Buy it at 1/3 the price. LOL

Any questions? Pictures coming

Steve

Datsunracing75@aol.com

cell 847 208 7299

002.jpg

001.jpg

008.jpg

012.jpg

013.jpg

004.jpg

003.jpg

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello Datsun Bretheren. I am a long time Datsun Enthusiast in Chicago. It is time to reduce the Datsun Fleet by one vehicle. The reason is I need to spend more time on my 510 race car and vintage race activities. www.transam-bsedan.com

So I am selling my 1978 Datsun 620 long bed Baja pick up for somebody else to enjoy. I have had a few Dealings on the Ratsun Forum all enjoyable. I don't post much as I am better with Carburators than Computers. LOL

A few years ago I traded my SER for the 620 to a local gentleman. Somebody might recognize the truck. The Truck came from Washington state. The guy that built it put his heart and soul into it, unfortunately he died of leukemia. The truck was sold by his mother. The full frame off, nut and bolt, acid dipped, restoration was done 7 years ago. It has 6,000 miles on it since then. 4,000 of those miles was driving it from Washington state to Chicago. The rest was me driving it to the race track or around town on nice days.(people love it) I get more thumbs up than you can imagine. The truck runs great. Pull out the choke crank the key and it is running.When it is warm push the choke in. This truck has the cool old fashioned vents. The ones that you pull and let the real fresh air in. When I was a kid I had a yellow with Black Hood Baja AFX slotcar. Those of you of a certain age will remember. That truck was a copy of Jim Conners Baja Winning truck.My plan was to duplicate the look. I contacted Jim and he sent me some old photo copies of articles and a original slot car page. Those are included with the sale.

Truck 1978 620 Long Bed with Rechromed 1973 front bumper. (looks like a 1973)

New Nissan L20b engine(not rebuilt).

New Nissan Comp L7 cam. Rally spec. (very Torquey)

New Nissan comp S.U. Carbs

New nissan Comp header. Stainless 4-2-1

New 3" inch stainless exhaust

New Borla Stainless Muffler

New Catalytic converter. (rattles at certain RPM. The gentleman I got it from had it put on. I would remove it

New 280ZX Flywheel lightened to 18 lbs

New 300ZX clutch and pressure plate

280ZX 5 speed Trans

Nissan Comp Detroit Locker set up 4;88 gears( with the tall tires runs great at highway speed in 5th)

Radiused wheel arches 1" (professinal job nice)

2" body lift kit with Stainless nuts and bolts.

Removed cargo hooks, frame bead, tail gate, Emblems removed

Custom tire holder, Roll Bar, and rear bumper(Nerf bar)

New Les Schwab wheels

Armstrong Desert Dog A-T tires.

Frame and undercoated truck with TUFF Truck Bedliner.

Interior,

Sony CD stereo with Cerwin Vega 6x9 speakers (loud and crisp)

New dash pad, No cracks no fading, Tachometer

New headliner.All new rubber and seals throughout the truck.All new trim. All New light assemblies

New winshield, custom aluminium door and kick panels. (artisan work)

Nissan 720 velour bench seat with 3 sets of seat belts.

From what I can tell and the documentation I have. Everthing that was put on this truck is OEM and New. The parts were purchased from McCord Bros Nissan Dodge.The attention to wiring detail is amazing.

What I see as problem areas. When you acid Dip anything You can never seem to neutralize the acid in tight seam areas.

so over time the acid seeps out ruins the paint and starts to rust that area.

I have taken pictures of these areas. Under the battery( the worst on the whole truck, Rust) No rust holes just surface rust.On the outside of the bed between the upper and lower bed sections. I am starting to see the paint there bubble a little. I left the windows cracked open and a rainstorm hit. There is some surface rust on the floor. No holes. Just doesn't look pretty white. Didn't find it because it was hidden by rubber mats. Where the hooks were removed on bed, those holes are showing that rust will start there. The truck has some chips here and there. But nothing out of the ordinary.AS I said I was going to repaint. So I started to remove some of the stickers on the passenger side.

The Price for the truck is $6000 Firm. No trades please! I think if you were to try to duplicate this vehicle you would easily spend $18,000 and a lot of your own personal time. Buy it at 1/3 the price. LOL

Any questions? Pictures coming

Steve

Datsunracing75@aol.com

cell 847 208 7299

Steve, Here are couple of pics that I took last week that I thought I would add for you until you get yours up.

Datsun6202.jpg

Datsun620.jpg

Datsun6205.jpg

Datsun6203.jpg

Noooooooooo, you're NOT selling it! :( This truck is waaaaaayyyy cool!! I'll trade ya TWO very rare 1968 510 2 door project cars..............you know you want 'em. ;)

I'll bump for an awesome lil truck and a true Datsun enthusiast!!!

Steve I wish you had this at the house when I picked up the windshield. I would have liked to looked at it a bit closer. You should go to the 510 section and share a couple pics of the tribute car and the race car. Very cool cars you have and you should share!!!!

• 3 months later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.