Body on frame?

I was wondering if It was possible to do a body on frame conversion from a datsun 210 onto a hard body or 720? Pipe dreaming it up. Figured for the price of a truck would make it worth it and epic. I have seen plenty of trucks swapped onto newer 4x4 frames. Also have seen the b210 on 720 4x4 but only pictures and no back story. I would most likey use a 2wd hardbody because it is basically all I want in a vehicle except it's a truck.

This is a stupid post

But it has potential to be cool

Post up anything relevant or body on frame conversions

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

With a plasma cutter a sawz all and a welder anything is possible.

Actaully been pondering the same but with a 510 wagon...one can dream right

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/21813-210s-unite/page__st__160

The b210 in mention

And the 510 I'm sure you are talking about

http://www.google.com/search?tbm=isch&source=mog&hl=en&gl=us&client=safari&q=lifted%20datsun%20wagon&sa=N&biw=320&bih=416#i=5

And another roadster on jeep

http://japanesenostalgiccar.com/2008/06/02/datsun-fairlady-off-roadster/

Kinda puke

That white 510 wagon is perfect looking. The 210 is Unibody though right? I know the b210 is and I assume so would be the same for the 210/b310 series

I wasn't really thinking 4x4 but there are no lift laws here in Maui and that could look pretty cool all jacked up. Deffinately a good adventure rig

if your not going 4x4 whats the point? you could just swap the motor and trans into the 210 and be done you will ewven have better suspension then the truck

The suspension is toast the steering is sloppy and garbage the engine is old the rear end is weak. Nothing much good on the car except the body and a halfways decent interior. I would be all over a 4x4 too just for the money and effort it seems like a better investment to just have a shop put the 210 onto a different frame all together with all the parts and everything fixed from the start. The landlord won't let me work on it here (she flipped out when I was tuning the carb even) plus it's way too big of a job either way for me to do.

Pricing all labor and parts I need a whole car or truck is cheaper than getting this one up to par. It might look pretty cool lifted up too.

Basically car is just a Maui cruiser but since I have a budget for it why not make it rad?

but strut cartrages and ball joints are cheap you will be happier in the long run fixing what is there not to mention the craxy amount of wheel well gap you will have and never be able to get rid of if you go the frame route

but strut cartrages and ball joints are cheap you will be happier in the long run fixing what is there not to mention the craxy amount of wheel well gap you will have and never be able to get rid of if you go the frame route

True that.. I might just go that route it was just a late night pipe dream guess it's back to the drawing boards then figured there was a reason you never see it done :P well see what's next for it. Probably just get it reliable and mob it til the engine or trans craps then throw something new in it.

If anyone has pictures or even a cool photoshop if you are bored I'd love to see it

Oh if build one i will wheel the shit out of it. I just dont want to use a perfectly good wagon, don't want to take a good car off the road

That makes mine a perfect candidate then it's half toasted already. If someone get bored and wants to do a quick chop shoppy on it I'm all over 4x4 or 2wd with obnoxious wheel poke and boxy jeep flares go for it, snorkel intake roof mounted light bar off The rack whatever. I could see it being pretty cool

I wouldn't do gangster crazy lift more just stock Height so it looks set for adventure. Paint will be datsun teal blue and I want to do the fake woody paneling down the length of it. I ordered some 720 hood vents from radio and when they get here I'll mock them up.