WHAT ENGINE FOR MY 72 BLUEBIRD SEDAN POLL

Leach

ENGINE?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. WHAT ENGINE SET UP?

• NAPZ 24 W/ DUAL 44 WEBBERS (HAVE TO BUY OFF MY DAD)
    • ORIGINAL L14 WITH STOCK CARB
    • ORIGINAL L14 W/ DUAL 40 WEBBERS (ALREADY HAVE THE CARBS)
    • FJ20 W/ DUAL 48 MIKUNIS (ALREADY HAVE MOTOR, TRANS, AND CARBS)
    • SR20DET (NEED TO BUY OR TRADE FJ FOR ONE)

What do you guys think?

I have the stock L14 in right now.

The FJ20 needs custom mounts, oil pan & pick up or flipped crossmember (id rather not reverse the cross member)

The NAPZ is basically a plug & play motor just use one truck mount and one 510 mount (the oilpan and pick up have already been swapped to 510)

I would have to buy an SR20DET buy a CAN-AM reay...etc (alot of money and hasle, and i dont want to reverse my crossmember)

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the l14 is the original motor and im caught between leaving it completely original or swapping in the fj.

l14 is currently in it and running but missing/bogging at take of and certain rpm.(i cant give it full throttle) it needs an adjustment.

and the fj20 ive never seen it run but bought it off a good friend of mine that said it was running but running rough. he swapped in his l18 and it still ran rough, later to find out it was his coil.

the fj will need to be gone through, polished, cleaned, i would have to hide wiring, move battery to trunk, paint engine bay, fabricate motor mounts, radiator, fuel pump, fabricate oil pan (so i dont have to flip crossmember), fabricate heaaders...etc

what do you guys think is best, after all this is my daily driver. and with the fj it could be down for along time.

also napz 24 if i ever blow the motor or anything i can pick a new one up from junk yard for $200