Olivia - 69 2 door 510 sedan - fully built CA18DET

• Replies 982
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with Adam, Fuck all them bitches. You tried something they were all curious about and they jumped on the

band wagon When some of the senior members started bashing the cross member cause it was made by CX racing even tho they have never used it. 

Some of the senior members here are pre-madonna a-holes sometimes. (You know who you are Sr members)
YOLO

• Like 1

Ha ha ha too true.

I found out my issue. The brake proportion valve is getting too hot and boiling my brake fluid which is clamping the brakes. I just need to move it or wrap my headers and ill be good. Actually it may not be overheating, it may just be faulty and acting up. Not sure if it can hang with the bigger master cylinder, etc... Won't know til I can work on it.

In stuck a few miles from my house. Gonna buy header wrap just in case that's it

Ha ha ha too true.

I found out my issue. The brake proportion valve is getting too hot and boiling my brake fluid which is clamping the brakes. 

FWIW, if you're talking about the stock piece, it's not a proportioning valve. It's just a complicated distribution block. Could still be seizing due to heat though. Common problem for it (and the master cylinder) to slowly seize from turbo heat. 

Yes that one. I didn't realize it was a distribution block. In that case ill just remove it.

I bought header wrap and have a bunch of pictures to post but I've been lagging on.

I'm on my way to pick up a surprise (I hope the have it!!!!)

Shits getting real >:)

Some of this stuff is for jewelry making but can be used for car stuff too.

Benchtop grinder and propane :)

314279_4779056765922_1256383321_n.jpg

Lincoln Electric MIG welder and cart

544057_4779056845924_253952241_n.jpg

Welder, cart and oxy-acetelyne (for jewelry and cutting)

537419_4779056805923_649837980_n.jpg

Header wrap and steel ties for my downpipe!

304200_4779056885925_694640781_n.jpg

A couple spools of wire, gas regulator and two spools of wire. I also got a helmet, gloves, and some different tools for welding.

314156_4779056925926_611526294_n.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks 710hippy! Definitely make a build thread, even if it's slow going. People on here are genuinely interested and it helps give you extra motivation/insight.

Also, not exactly christmas. I finally sold my scion so I took that money and put it into something useful. My girlfriend has a mustang that needs work and some of this stuff applies to her car too, so she's happy. I'm showing her how to make jewelry too, so she's really excited. Anyone ever been to Quartzsite, AZ? They do a giant gem/mineral/antique flea market in the desert. It's pretty amazing. Going to pick up some materials and get her excited to be in the garage too :)

Wrapped the top part of my downpipe last night. I still need to wrap the lower portion. I was blowing oil for a while so it's all over down there. Need to pull the engine when i do the pan or crossmember so I'll clean it all up when i get to that point. It's sad that I have to pull the engine again. I love driving this car and having it out of commission for any length of time gives me the blues.

545215_4784915432385_1922401100_n.jpg

My cousin is super into Datsuns and just picked up a new project. He's been in Japan for over 10 years, so we don't get to hang out a lot. Anyway, the first thing he did when he got back to the states is pick up a 75 280z for autocrossing :)

Here's a picture of it:

869_542553802429945_1155604733_n.jpg

yeah, i'm jealous... he likes Zs and I like 510s (slightly more than Zs).

His last one was a white one that was amazing. He was almost done but left for Japan again and was gone for several years so he had his parents sell it for him. I think he was trying to stay in Japan but he's back in the US now.

Thanks 710hippy! Definitely make a build thread, even if it's slow going. People on here are genuinely interested and it helps give you extra motivation/insight.

Also, not exactly christmas. I finally sold my scion so I took that money and put it into something useful. My girlfriend has a mustang that needs work and some of this stuff applies to her car too, so she's happy. I'm showing her how to make jewelry too, so she's really excited. Anyone ever been to Quartzsite, AZ? They do a giant gem/mineral/antique flea market in the desert. It's pretty amazing. Going to pick up some materials and get her excited to be in the garage too :)

Wrapped the top part of my downpipe last night. I still need to wrap the lower portion. I was blowing oil for a while so it's all over down there. Need to pull the engine when i do the pan or crossmember so I'll clean it all up when i get to that point. It's sad that I have to pull the engine again. I love driving this car and having it out of commission for any length of time gives me the blues.

545215_4784915432385_1922401100_n.jpg

My cousin is super into Datsuns and just picked up a new project. He's been in Japan for over 10 years, so we don't get to hang out a lot. Anyway, the first thing he did when he got back to the states is pick up a 75 280z for autocrossing :)

Here's a picture of it:

869_542553802429945_1155604733_n.jpg

build thread started her name is violet lol but now that you clensed yourself of that POS scion you can finally remove it from your car list A+ on getting the girl interested in being out in the garage it starts with jewelery but before you know it she will be turning wrenches with you hahaha :thumbup: http://community.ratsun.net/topic/51257-meet-violet-my-710-vg-30/