Ratsun Beer Exchange

They do this on a few other boards that I am on and thought it would be cool to do here. The rules are pretty simple.

1. You must be 21. This will be by the honor system.

2. Dont say you want to sign up if there is a possibilty that you wont return brew.

3. Microbrew and good homebrew only. No commerical beer.

4. Must be at least a 6 pack.

In so far.

1Lo620

Pumpkn210

The Dat Side

Hitch

Dimedude

Figbuck

Ratbones

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you guys want to do it just pm me your name, address, email, and what types of beers you like(ipa's, porters,ect). If there is enough from the east coast I can try to pair them up with someone from the west and vise versa. I am going to try to send mixed six packs. Here is a good write up on shipping beer. http://barlowbrewing.com/2010/11/11/how-to-pack-and-ship-beer/

YOU CAN NOT SHIP BEER USPS. Its illegal. IF your asked whats in the box just say live yeast samples or homemade sauces.

If it goes good we can try to do this seasonal or whatever.

When it comes to beer it only has to meet two of three criteria; #1 Cold, #2 Wet & #3 Alcoholic. I ain't no snob. I was drinking PBRs in the '60s, There was a kid who lived around the corner from us who's Dad started Acme Brewing In San Francisco (Anchor Steam). He was making beer in big earthern crocks in his garage when we were like 14 years old. Somehow his Old Man thought that was what 14 year olds do. My parents didn't drink so this was the first alcohol I ever tasted.

We are so spoiled here in Portland. There are more wineries, micro brews and micro distillers than... anywhere??? I mean where else? However, I happened to be traveling through that part of the world known as California and tasted some very worthy brews last week. All the Lagunitas stuff is good but this Lil 'Sumpin will knock you on you butt...

thumb_sea_sumpinwild.jpg

When we were kids we used to ride our bikes up into Belmont Canyon before there were any houses, shopping centers, streets, freeways... just rolling hills. I totally get why they called it Devil's Canyon. I pointed to a tap and said one of those, I didn't care, I just wanted something cold and wet. It was a blind taste. I went wow this is alright, what is it...

Lager-Diabla1-298x300.jpg

Send me some of those and I'll send you Portland brews.

• Like 1

When it comes to beer it only has to meet two of three criteria; #1 Cold, #2 Wet & #3 Alcoholic. I ain't no snob. I was drinking PBRs in the '60s, There was a kid who lived around the corner from us who's Dad started Acme Brewing In San Francisco (Anchor Steam). He was making beer in big earthern crocks in his garage when we were like 14 years old. Somehow his Old Man thought that was what 14 year olds do. My parents didn't drink so this was the first alcohol I ever tasted.

We are so spoiled here in Portland. There are more wineries, micro brews and micro distillers than... anywhere??? I mean where else? However, I happened to be traveling through that part of the world known as California and tasted some very worthy brews last week. All the Lagunitas stuff is good but this Lil 'Sumpin will knock you on you butt...

thumb_sea_sumpinwild.jpg

When we were kids we used to ride our bikes up into Belmont Canyon before there were any houses, shopping centers, streets, freeways... just rolling hills. I totally get why they called it Devil's Canyon. I pointed to a tap and said one of those, I didn't care, I just wanted something cold and wet. It was a blind taste. I went wow this is alright, what is it...

Fig, I would love to try that Lil Sumpin. I have had their IPA and love it. Its hard to get around here though.

thumb_sea_sumpinwild.jpg

did you get a chance to sample anything from Russian River Brewing? Pliny the Younger has been available recently, it's a limited brew and lots of the fanfare is only because of that but it's worth trying if you get the chance.

anyway, i'd do this, but i'm too lazy